Greatest Fear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No fear. Just concern and awareness.

-having a buddy panic on me
-something medical occurring that would prevent me from diving
-being struck my a boat. This one is new, I was nearly hit by the dive boat today just after jumping in as it was very rough and it scared the hell out of me! I was nervous coming up from my safety stop in case the boat was there... :(

funny, hoomi! about death's bony butt...

i'm afraid a bit of dying where i can't breathe. drowning, fire, mudslide, what have you. but it doesn't stop me.

Strong down currents when on Nitrox and already near max ppo2 depth. Doesn't seem to worry anyone else though so I'm filing it along with spiders.

My greatest fear concerning diving is getting injured to the point where I can never dive again.

I'm afraid of elevators...it terrifies me to think that I might get stuck in an elevator and plummet to my death, although I'm sure the odds are, like, a zillion to one.

I have the same fear of elevators. A few years ago we were about 20 people in an elevator designed for 10 people. Needless to say the elevator couldn't handle it and plummeted down 2 floors before the emergency brakes kicked in. We then had great difficulty opening the doors while the elevator's electrical motor was still running at full speed making one BIG frightening noise. Eventually we've got the doors open and had to jump out between floors! I'm still getting nightmares on a regular basis about plummeting elevators, but I'm using elevators on a regular basis hating every second of it.

From a wet point of view I had this irrational nightmares, in my early years, to be suck in by an underwater pipe or sluice. When I started diving I had an instructor that use to be a commercial diver. He believed that the way to learn was to start at the deep end and my 17th and 18th dives were dives at a dam cleaning sluices at 12m (40 feet) with no visibility. That was the end of that fear and nightmares in double time!!

My greatest fear is lightning.

As for diving:
Like others, being told that my diving days are over (I faced that possibility a few years ago and I was in a blue funk for a few days.)
Moving somewhere where there was no place to dive. (My wife would know I had gone over the edge when the bath tub suddenly had a hang bar permanently installed.)

Yeah, I'd go with being fully trapped, seperated from your buddy. Also, being pushed off dive site by strong current and not being able to get help!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom