Greatest Fear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lately, I've been wondering if my fear is shared with others. I'm sure it is, but just how much. Of all the dangers in diving, I fear getting to the surface, and not seeing anything. Maybe the charter left me, maybe I drifted away from where I was supposed to be.

Been there, done that. We were all alone, and it was getting dark.....

Scratched up the side of my truck pretty bad driving around the locked gate to the quarry getting out of there.

I'm afraid of updrafts and downdrafts. I've been in both (thank Heaven, no downdrafts that were really serious). I can't figure out how to predict them, and I'm way too slow to recognize what is happening to me. Both my husband and I had bad experiences yesterday with little microbursts along a wall in current that blew us up some 20 feet before we got stopped. I dive walls in current with great trepidation.

Been there, done that. We were all alone, and it was getting dark.....

Scratched up the side of my truck pretty bad driving around the locked gate to the quarry getting out of there.

Let me get this straight.... You got scared at a quarry, and damaged your truck during the escape??
I would only do that for beer. As for the rest of you folks.... Relax.. Try diving at most places in the Carribean. Land is a short swim away for most dives,(as are most quarrys) so even if the boat leaves you.. No problem, Just back stroke to shore, or better yet.. Snorkel to shore and enjoy the views. Don't do overhead enviroments, take a knife if it makes you feel better. But most of all. RELAX!!!~~~~ and enjoy the dive for what it is. PURE ZEN.. HMMMMMMMMMM

OH yea.. My greatest fear is getting the credit card bill for our last trip. Now that's scary!!!!

one word: INSTABUDDY or is that two words?

Ok; You two go that way <<<<<<< and I will go this way >>>>>>>>> hows that for dive planning.

Last edited:
My greatest fear is not being aware or doing something that may cause the harm of my dive buddy. It's one thing to be responsible for your own mistakes, but at the cost of another is hopefully a mistake I can avoid!

Carolyn:sharks:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom