Great Vis on Lake Ouachita!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bbarnett51

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Wow the Arkansas lakes are great right now. Ouachita had 20-25' even after the rain. I was at Blakely and the fish activity was great. I first saw a school of carp in 15' with several Gar mixed in. Then just above the second thermocline in 25' I got into the largest school of stripers I have ever seen in person. The would take off then chase some bait fish around and show up again.

Also saw some nice smallmouth and a bream on a bed that was the size of a crappie.

Fun stuff!. If you can get over there I recommend it.

Surface was 72 but gets cold pretty quick. The lowest my computer read was 56 at 48'. I haven't seen this many big fish in a long time on a lake. Stripers were really fun to watch feed!

Oh I just saw you are from Wisconsin. You could probably dive those temps naked. :)

You will have plenty of water to explore but if you want a change of scenery Lake Degrey is nearby and can be good as well.

It is about time for the Striper run in the river across from Brady. If you go strait across and follow the river around the point, toward the old docks, you will see a small hump on the left surrounded by grass and about 50' of water. SCUBA that hump in the old creek channel and you will get some Pike and Striper. Big fish 20#. I'm still trying to break away to dive and fish.

It is about time for the Striper run in the river across from Brady. If you go strait across and follow the river around the point, toward the old docks, you will see a small hump on the left surrounded by grass and about 50' of water. SCUBA that hump in the old creek channel and you will get some Pike and Striper. Big fish 20#. I'm still trying to break away to dive and fish.

Thanks! I have a lakehouse on Greer's Ferry so I have never learned Ouachita. If you ever need a buddy give me a shout. June 15th is right around the corner!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom