Great Song Covers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Heather Nova does a good cover of both 'I'm on Fire' (Springsteen) and Wicked Game (Isaac) and P!nk rips Me and Bobby MGee accoustically. Throwing a few Aussie bands in, Cold Chisels live Knocking on Heavens Door is awesome and while Sprinsteen recently covered the Saints Firewood I think I prefer the Saints version.

Speaking of Springsteen, he used to perform Edwin Starr's "War" live. Pretty decent version; it was released on a 7" vinyl single and in one of his live compilations. A three-disc album IIRC.

For me, no list of great cover songs would be complete without the Cowboy Junkies cover of "Sweet Jane" (1988) by Lou Reed and the Velvet Underground. Lou Reed himself is reported to have said that cover was his favourite rendition of the song. I still pull out the Lou Reed version(s) once in a while, but definitely prefer the Cowboy Junkies' cover version.

Joey Ramone's cover of "What a Wonderful World" is a nice take on a classic old song. Also, Me First and the Gimme Gimmies whole catalogue is comprised of great classic songs sped up to a punk tempo.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom