Great new dive watch, Ultra look out

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

People need to read the article:

If you're in the market, you'd better hurry because only nine units are available at a cost of 7,900 CHF (US$8,180) each.

I think this is just beyond silly and just a gimmick.
It's for those who find exclusivity important.

It's for those who find exclusivity important.
I think then they produced too many units for that market. :wink:

I think all dive computers should have a magical rainbow of radiant colors to create a cheerful user “friendly” display! Oh, and a frowny face :( for deco instead of all those complicated and threatening numbers.

I think all dive computers should have a magical rainbow of radiant colors to create a cheerful user “friendly” display! Oh, and a frowny face :( for deco instead of all those complicated and threatening numbers.
Don't forget the $8k price point!

And a middle finger if you violate the depth ceiling?

Don't forget the $8k price point!
Absolutely, but just think what people would pay for an “official” Navy SEAL Unicorn Dive Computer!!!

DC6F3399-B67D-4EF1-963E-B4B1840AF752.jpeg

I kinda like it. I'm not a $8K watch person, but there are plenty of them out there! That's not even all that expensive for a watch nerds (Im sure there is a snobby term for that...Chronoculturist?)

But using the physics of light absorption to show depth is pretty clever. I would think that it wouldn't really work like they think it would, the stripes would just turn muddy brown, but clever anyway.

Ha, Depth Purple. How do you tell the difference between the shades of deep purple?

You should enter the Grand Prix d'Horlogerie de Genève 2023 competition

The color thing is a neat idea. You could use the color grid that a lot of instructors use for the deep AOW PADI dive and mark off the depths the colors disappear against your depth gauge and now you have a back up depth gauge.

Seems to be making a statement. Of some sort.

As a watch geek, one of my aspirations:

Back
Top Bottom