Great Lakes Wrecking Crew in October

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mitten Diver

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Myself, the "Legendary Ted Bristol" and Julie McManus of the Great Lakes Wrecking Crew and to a lesser extent Ohio Quarry Divers will be diving in Florida on October 14th, 15th and the morning of the 16th. We have a full boat for the Saturday am dive but are looking to fill some spots for the Thursday and Friday dives. We are diving with Kevin with Underwater Explorers who came highly recommended by a local legendary diver himself. As of this post we have the following openings:
Thursday am 3 spots
Thursday pm 2 spots
Friday am 2 spots
Friday pm 2 spots

We are friends of Netmage so take that into consideration when booking with us. Tim will be diving with us on Saturday and providing lodging all week for members of the Great Lakes Wrecking Crew which he is an original member of before he decided to try his hand at warmer waters. On Thursday afternoon my cousin Katie who is from the Miami area and studying to become a marine biologist will be with us on the boat. Friday we will be joined by Tractor Tom another founding member of the GLWC and now a warm water diver. So please step up and book the open spots as you will be able to tell your grand kids about the time that you dove with the GLWC's very own "LegendaryTed Bristol" aka GTXL1200.

Last edited:
Sounds like we have a taker for an all day Thursday spot and our only Saturday morning spot.

I'd like the Thursday, October 14 slot for two divers IF it's not an all-day four-tank dive (I only want the morning trip) AND IF my dive buddy can shoot fish on the dives. We are especially interested if one of the dives is to a wreck that has Goliath Groupers, he'd love to see them.

I'd like the Thursday, October 14 slot for two divers IF it's not an all-day four-tank dive (I only want the morning trip) AND IF my dive buddy can shoot fish on the dives. We are especially interested if one of the dives is to a wreck that has Goliath Groupers, he'd love to see them.

Sounds good to us. We need to return in the afternoon to get my cousin anyways. All trips are two tanks each. Please get yourself booked. You don't want to miss the opportunity to dive with the "Legendary Ted Bristol."

Just sent Kev an e-mail and will call him when I'm off the phone. YIPPEE!!!!!!

Sent Kev an e-mail (JUST ONE YOU SMART ALECKS!) and left him a voicemail (YES JUST ONE VOICEMAIL!) What a FUN morning this is going to be!!!

Debby,

When you say your friend wants to shoot fish you meant photography right? Just trying to clarify for a buddy.

No, he wants to put holes in them. No worries, he's my buddy. I'll be lobstering, looking to stick holes in lionfish, and taking pictures.

It is hard for me to believe that I posted this yesterday and there are still open spots left on the boat. We still have two openings for Thursday afternoon and 2 spots for both the morning and afternoon trips on Friday. Maybe more people will need to read this thread to realize that they have the opportunity of a lifetime here to dive with the "Legendary Ted Bristol" better known in dive circles as Mr. One Dive. This guy is feeling it for this Florida trip time to reserve your spots you won't want to miss this.

Well you may miss this if you were friends of Tim and have loaned him tanks to keep us supplied with air. We appreciate you helping us out. Gotta love diving 130's full of enriched air.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom