Great Lakes Diving Tour in a week

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There's a lot left to explore on the McGean and Argus. The interiors of the Mcgean and the engine room on the Argus have not been entered. Kevin Jones got up into the focsle on the Argus and almost bit it when the floor came down on him when the bubbles hit the rotted wood above him.

The Scott has never been penetrated from what I heard. Canada is difficult to deal with in terms of getting a license to search for the Carruthers along with no good idea where she is at. The Hydrus is on the bottom where we left her last :wink:
I have never dove the Scott. Not an issue of finding it, just never took the time to head out there. I would love to see the Hydrus one of these days.

I skimmed this thread pretty quickly so if someone else posted this link already . . . oops.

Hey I wanted to come back and give an update. I had went through Double Action Charters and through them I was able to book wreck dives in Lake Michigan (Hume, Straits of Mackinac and Rotarian) and Lake Huron (Price and New York)
Also the book that was recommended, Great Lakes Diving Guide (2008) by Chris Kohl, came in handy, I was able to look up information on those wrecks. I also got penciled in at Osprey Charters for a Lake Erie. Getting excited! I'm signed up for ANDP, hoping a class opens up before the summer so I can put that training to use. Looks like my initial goal of the summer of 2024 was dead on. Thanks again @Tracy and everyone for your help and guidance, I'll post a report when I finally go.

Hey I wanted to come back and give an update. I had went through Double Action Charters and through them I was able to book wreck dives in Lake Michigan (Hume, Straits of Mackinac and Rotarian) and Lake Huron (Price and New York)
Also the book that was recommended, Great Lakes Diving Guide (2008) by Chris Kohl, came in handy, I was able to look up information on those wrecks. I also got penciled in at Osprey Charters for a Lake Erie. Getting excited! I'm signed up for ANDP, hoping a class opens up before the summer so I can put that training to use. Looks like my initial goal of the summer of 2024 was dead on. Thanks again @Tracy and everyone for your help and guidance, I'll post a report when I finally go.
You will enjoy your trip with Osprey. Captain John is the most beautiful captain on the Great Lakes.
Glad you have a plan in place. The Great Lakes offer a lot of amazing dives.

368804769_10223302489847693_360533420375070192_n.jpg

View attachment 823492

@Tracy - You owe me a keyboard...
That is Osprey's new logo. I made it for him over the winter. Sex sells and nobody oozes more sex appeal than Captain John.

I am guessing with your reaction, you may have met John before. This photo had some light retouching done. Mostly just cleaning up some shadows.

I've known John from the Jim Herbert days, and then when Mike was driving and Brandy was crewing when Jim retired, and John was there too. A visual roller coaster...

And a great operation.

Captain John was AWESOME, when I called he was driving and went to pull over so he could check his schedule book. I told him I could call back later but he already pulled over and got me penciled in. I'm looking forward to diving with him.

I know I will enjoy the entire weekend, my only concern is that I'll become hooked on wreck diving! LOL
I had fun diving the wrecks of the Key Largo, besides the temp and viz, I can't wait to see how they are different and how they are similar but I am ready!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom