Great Lakes Diving Tour in a week

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rochester - then the St. Peter off Pultneyvill....

If the ghosts let you find her...

Great Lakes Diving Guide (2008) by Chris Kohl. If you or anyone has any other suggestions, I'm open!
Good reference guide, but ignore the coordinates.

Dwight Boyer's Ghost Ships of the Great Lakes

Dana Thomas Bowen Memories of the Lakes

(1913 storm)
David Brown's White Hurricane, Micheal Schumacher's November's Fury, and Robert Hemmings Ships Gone Missing

Stories from the wreckage by John Jensen (coffee table size)

Hunt for the Westermorland by Ross Richardson

Bob McGreevy's Lost Legends of the Lakes (coffee table book)

Cris Kohl's Tales of Georgian Bay

Daniel J. Morrell: Lost but not Forgotten by John DeBeck

Wes Olesweski's books

Shipwreck Hunter by Gerry Volgenau

Lost & Found by Valerie Van Heest

That's a good starter collection. I'm currently writing a book called On the Lake Bottom: discoveries of Lake Huron wrecks.

Regina and Charles Price was the 1st 2 wrecks I dived in Huron. Two very touching dives I will never forget.
I have dove 6 out of the 8 1913 wrecks on Lake Huron. I have not dove the Scott nor obviously the Carruthers.

I have dove 6 out of the 8 1913 wrecks on Lake Huron. I have not dove the Scott nor obviously the Carruthers.
I have done 4. Feel free to share where the others are, I would like to add a couple more.

I have done 4. Feel free to share where the others are, I would like to add a couple more.
There's a lot left to explore on the McGean and Argus. The interiors of the Mcgean and the engine room on the Argus have not been entered. Kevin Jones got up into the focsle on the Argus and almost bit it when the floor came down on him when the bubbles hit the rotted wood above him.

The Scott has never been penetrated from what I heard. Canada is difficult to deal with in terms of getting a license to search for the Carruthers along with no good idea where she is at. The Hydrus is on the bottom where we left her last :wink:

Have most of the interesting and historic wrecks been found or is there still room for people to make new discoveries out there?

Have most of the interesting and historic wrecks been found or is there still room for people to make new discoveries out there?
Still room to find the Coburn, Thousand Islander, Kaliyuga on the American side. Nothing but room to search on the Canadian side. But all the steel hulled freighters on the US side of the lake have now been located.

Back
Top Bottom