Great Exuma Bahamas diving-any suggestions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

detroit diver

Contributor
Reaction score
I'll be in the Georgetown area in a few weeks. Any recommendations for a dive op in that area?

Thanks.

detroit diver:
I'll be in the Georgetown area in a few weeks. Any recommendations for a dive op in that area?

Thanks.

Well, I'll just have to reply to my own question!

The is only 1 dive op in Great Exuma- Dive Exuma www.dive-exuma.com

They are quite expensive ($125.00 for 2 tank dive), but you have no other choice.

I'll give myself a trip repost when I get back.

The Explorer Ventures, Caribbean Explorer 1 leaves from Georgetown. They don't dive in the Exumas though, they do Long Island, Conception Island and San Salvador. Occasionally they do Cat Island but the seas weren't cooperative enough to make the crossing.

vertaqua:
The Explorer Ventures, Caribbean Explorer 1 leaves from Georgetown. They don't dive in the Exumas though, they do Long Island, Conception Island and San Salvador. Occasionally they do Cat Island but the seas weren't cooperative enough to make the crossing.

Is that a liveaboard?

How was the CE1? A few of us are thinking of doing this liveaboard. What time of year did you go? I was told it gets very windy this time of year, and they have to cancel dives at certain spots.

Edit: Oops, never mind. I just found another thread where you mentioned you went in October. Sounds like a nice trip with good diving. Do they offer shark dives?

I dove with CE1 this past December. We did Long, Cat, and Conception Islands. The water was 79 consistently with 100' plus viz at most dive sites. Conception Island was incredible. Seas were about 2-3 feet and some days it was windy so when I got out of my wetsuit, even with 75F air temp, I got chilled. It was a fantastic time though. I just kept warm by drinking lots of hot herbal tea with honey between dives. Skies were always clear too.

I'm going again in March!

They don't offer a shark dive per se, but they do have dives where you see a lot of sharks. Now when I went the water was a bit too warm to see sharks(82), the captain said that during the winter when it got a little cooler(78) they see a lot more sharks. Overall its a very good operation, good food, pleasant and helpful crew(all brits) and the diving was excellent. If you have any more questions pm me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom