Great dive at Whaler's Cove

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow,

Just amazing on the shark pic and the way you tell the story; it came at you through the kelp. Makes me want to sit down with a coke and some popcorn just amazing.

Congrats..

Mike

p.s
By the way what type of wetsuit or drysuit did you have on where you got so cold at 51 degrees? How long and deep did you go on the dive you felt cold. The reason I ask is that I dove on Sunday and after 62 minutes on a 2nd dive I got really cold at 54 degrees only went down about 40 feet.

A. Thanks and,
B. I think the deepest we went was about 21meters which is about 63 feet. I was wearing a 7mm wetsuit. So was Ken and he said he was cold too. I alway kinda get cold during a dive (even in the tropics). But I think it's a gradual thing cause I always feel the coldest towards the end. I would definitly feel cold diving for more than an hour at 54degrees. I thought of trying a drysuit once, just for the exprience, but I never got around to actually do it.

Crap..I hope you are right!
Ill hope for the best!

Great shots and report! Thanks for sharing them.

I too think the shark pic is awesome! I have yet to see a leopard shark but it's on my long list of "must sees". :D

Whalers cove is got to be one of the best spots to do a tank dive in CA. I can seee why they made it a reserve, place kick ass it is impossable to have a bad dive their.:D

Even though we'll venture far out of the cove on occasion on our DPVs, Whaler's is one of my favorite dives, Middle Reef in particular when the viz is good in the cove! Thanks for sharing the photos.

Yes, a good drysuit with enough undergarments will allow you to still feel warm after an hour dive!

Back
Top Bottom