Great conditions at BH July 12/13!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divedoggie

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
6 of us Northern Colorado divers got back home around 11:00 last night after an excellent weekend of diving at good ole Blue Hole.

I knew it was going to be a good weekend when we stood atop the cliff for an orientation and you could clearly see the grate over the cave entrance. In fact you could see every rock and contour of the entire bottom.

The water had that brilliant blue color for which it is named. Even better, the PH seems to have balanced out. No more super dry painful skin...even after 9 dives.

Saturday was busy, with quite a few classes, guys practicing with rebreathers, and hoards of kids jumping, diving, and swimming. Still the viz was perfect. We did a few dives between 5pm and 8pm with no one else there. It was like the Blue Hole of years past.

Sunday was quiet for most of the day, and the diving was excellent.

There seemed to be more current than usual. Especially noticeable at around 50 feet. If you hovered motionless in the middle, you would find yourself drifting off one side or another after a few minutes. Maybe the big snows and big meltoff this year has re-energised the aquafers with high volumes of clean pure water. The outflow definitely seemed more productive...closer to the claimed 3000 gpm.

I was super busy teaching different classes, so I didn't get to socialize much. Not sure who else was there. Can't wait to go back though!

That's the second report of excellent visibility since robin posted about them removing the overflow baffles for a few days. I wonder if that had anything to do with it?

We can only hope!! I'll be out there July 26 & 27, hopefully it will continue! :D

Wow! Hope it lasts! :D

I wonder if the lowered water level actually helped to clean off the built-up silt along the walls and bottom??? Maybe??

We'll be there on the 26/27th with OW and AOW classes, and if the vis is still good, I will shoot some video! Woo Hoo! Just call me "Flounder" cuz I'll be the one hangin' out on the bottom! :D

robin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom