Great American Fish Count

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba_Jenny

dirty-finned dive goddess
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi Dive Buddies:
I got this email and thought you'll might be interested. It the Great American Fish Count. It is a beach dive on July 20th at Johnson Street in Hollywood.
Here is an excerpt of the email:

...And don't forget about GAFC - The Great Annual Fish Count, coming up in July. You can participate with Ocean Watch Foundation on July 20th at Johnson St. Reef in Hollywood. 8:30 am.
Check out our website for details, and contact me for more information.
rose
Ocean Watch Foundation
rose@oceanwatch.org
www.oceanwatch.org...
...Also, even though these beach dives are free, I like to have rsvp's so I know who to expect that day. Keep me posted!...

I have never done a fish count, but I bet it is a lot of fun! Anybody interested? Please contact rose at the above email address for more info.

Fish counts are fun. I belong to the Volunteer Scientific Research Team of Lee County, we schedule 2 counts every month.

Hey Everybody,
The Great American Fish Count is this weekend! Anbody interested? July 20 8:30 am at Johnson Street in Hollywood! This is the place of the Hump Day Sunrise dive last week! Awesome!

Hmm sounds promising. Could you send me some more info on it? I can't find it on their site.

amelo1999 once bubbled...
Hmm sounds promising. Could you send me some more info on it? I can't find it on their site.
Email rose for all the info, she would know more than I
rose@oceanwatch.org
See ya there!

So anybody interested in this?
We did this site last night. Awesome!

MikeJacobs once bubbled...

Jen, I've never been on one of these "fish counting" expeditions before... what to bring? Tartar sauce?

LOL :D

Marc

I did my first "offical" fish ID. Problem was that when I started recounting all my scribbles and confirmed the fish in the book, they weren't as I remembered, or were too close to something else to make a positive identification! Even so, I positively identified 35 different fish. Take into account the half dozen I couldn't positively identify and the ones I missed, and the critters that aren't included, totals up to be good diversity on the reef!
Look forward to doing it again.
Mike and I hit the 2 hour mark underwater!
Vis was good, seas almost calm, good day to go diving!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom