Great 1st Dive Experience - Thanks Gabe!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
I just wanted to say thanks again to Gabe for taking a bunch of So. Cal. newbies out for their introductory dives. We had a unique situation in which NONE of us had ever been diving, one of us was pregnant and thus wanted to snorkel, and we really wanted the experience done at our pace (slow) and basically have our hands held the entire time. Gabe provided all of those things!!!

We met Gabe at the North Shore to dive 3 tables (a great place to snorkel as well). He showed us some basic skills on land before we ventured into the shallow water to practice underwater. On the first dive was myself, my wife (Cynthia), my friend (Randy), Gabe, and Nicola. Unfortunately my wife didn't feel comfortable and so Nicola stayed behind with her to help her out of her diving gear while Gabe took Randy and I out. It took a little while for Randy and I to get the hang of it and feel more relaxed but once with did it was fantastic! Randy and I had an awesome time and seeing a turtle up close was truly an experience.
On the second dive my other friend Amanda joined us. Unfortunately I had trouble equalizing my ears on the second dive and thus had to miss out (a definite disappointment) but Randy and Amanda both had a wonderful time with Gabe as he took them a little farther out from the tables.
When the day was done Gabe and Nicola stayed around for a little while and ate lunch with us (hopefully you guys liked the sandwiches) and just told us about how much fun diving is.
We couldn't have asked for a better instructor. Our group didn't want to be like cattle herded onto a boat with 20 other people on a strict time frame. We wanted it slow paced and enjoyable. Gabe was very patient with all of us we all are very pleased.

Gabe you should be happy to know that even though my wife didn't feel comfortable in the ocean diving, she has asked me to enroll us in the local scuba certification classes as she wants to give it another try (as do I). We already started planning a return trip next year and if you would be interested we would love to do our open water dives with you to finish the certification process.

Again Mahalo!
-Walter

r12.JPG

I just wanted to say thanks again to Gabe for taking a bunch of So. Cal. newbies out for their introductory dives. We had a unique situation in which NONE of us had ever been diving, one of us was pregnant and thus wanted to snorkel, and we really wanted the experience done at our pace (slow) and basically have our hands held the entire time. Gabe provided all of those things!!!

We met Gabe at the North Shore to dive 3 tables (a great place to snorkel as well). He showed us some basic skills on land before we ventured into the shallow water to practice underwater. On the first dive was myself, my wife (Cynthia), my friend (Randy), Gabe, and Nicola. Unfortunately my wife didn't feel comfortable and so Nicola stayed behind with her to help her out of her diving gear while Gabe took Randy and I out. It took a little while for Randy and I to get the hang of it and feel more relaxed but once with did it was fantastic! Randy and I had an awesome time and seeing a turtle up close was truly an experience.
On the second dive my other friend Amanda joined us. Unfortunately I had trouble equalizing my ears on the second dive and thus had to miss out (a definite disappointment) but Randy and Amanda both had a wonderful time with Gabe as he took them a little farther out from the tables.
When the day was done Gabe and Nicola stayed around for a little while and ate lunch with us (hopefully you guys liked the sandwiches) and just told us about how much fun diving is.
We couldn't have asked for a better instructor. Our group didn't want to be like cattle herded onto a boat with 20 other people on a strict time frame. We wanted it slow paced and enjoyable. Gabe was very patient with all of us we all are very pleased.

Gabe you should be happy to know that even though my wife didn't feel comfortable in the ocean diving, she has asked me to enroll us in the local scuba certification classes as she wants to give it another try (as do I). We already started planning a return trip next year and if you would be interested we would love to do our open water dives with you to finish the certification process.

Again Mahalo!
-Walter

r12.JPG

It is good that your wife is going back to give it a try in a short time frame.
I had a non-so-good experience with a resort try scuba dive in the Caribbean almost 30 years ago.

I ended up not getting into diving until 4 yearas ago when I took a full certification course. I regret that I did not try to take a certification course after I got back from the Caribbean 30 years ago.

Welcome to the wonderful world of diving.

YES!

Walter, I'm so stoked you guys had a good time. When Randy asked me if I get bored teaching intro dives I really and honestly had to answer "NO WAY" For me, it's a bonus to be able to take people out on their first dive and see how they take to the scuba game.

I'm even more flattered at your review. Thank you so much and thanks for a great day. I hope you and Cynthina have a blast in your Open Water course and please let me know if you will be coming out this way again. I would be very happy to take you all out for a dive anytime....

Mahalo Nui,
G

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom