grass root help for Phuket

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

simonk999

Contributor
Reaction score
A friend of mine had planned a trip to Thailand some time back, and of course, the tsunami changed his plans. Instead of a normal vacation, his plans changed to get involved in grass-roots volunteer work there.

Apparantly, much of the Phuket rehabilitation work is focused on the tourist sections, and while Patong and those locales are cleaned up and getting rebuilt, other areas are not. My friend hooked up with a group that is attempting to rehabilitate a small community just near the southern tip of Phuket.

He, being a web-savvy engineer, has set up a website: www.yanuibeach.com.

Check it out.

-Simon

p.s. mods: I hope this is an acceptable post.

simonk999:
A friend of mine had planned a trip to Thailand some time back, and of course, the tsunami changed his plans. Instead of a normal vacation, his plans changed to get involved in grass-roots volunteer work there.

Apparantly, much of the Phuket rehabilitation work is focused on the tourist sections, and while Patong and those locales are cleaned up and getting rebuilt, other areas are not. My friend hooked up with a group that is attempting to rehabilitate a small community just near the southern tip of Phuket.

He, being a web-savvy engineer, has set up a website: www.yanuibeach.com.

Check it out.

-Simon

p.s. mods: I hope this is an acceptable post.

i was staying five minutes from this beach (Rai Wai), i went to Yanui Beach the next morning (pictures on my web site), there was one building left standing, a bungalow that only just escaped.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom