Grapevine Lake

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FIXXERVI6:
Has anyone dove grapevine like for the heck of it?

Not unless you REALLY like crazy boaters.....fishing line.....tree stumps and almost anything you can dream up to get tangled in!! Did I forget the wonderful year round vis of 1-2ft..

texdiveguy:
Not unless you REALLY like crazy boaters.....fishing line.....tree strumps and almost anything you can dream up to get tangled in!! Did I forget the wonderful year round vis of 1-2ft..

Isn't that Joe Pool Lake?

no, but on that note has anyone dove Joe Pool?

and I can understand why no one would want to dive grapevine, I'm just wondering if anyone has.

:11:
FIXXERVI6:
no, but on that note has anyone dove Joe Pool?

and I can understand why no one would want to dive grapevine, I'm just wondering if anyone has.

Yes, we have dove Joe Pool. Not to much to see. We have also dove Lake Cleburne. Nothing there either.

I wouldn't expect much to see in grapevine either, I'd do it just to touch bottom and say I was there.

I wouldn't mind diving that point on Joe Pool Lake where the jet skiers and boaters come around a bend during the summer. It's near the Lynn Creek beach entry and picnic tables. I totally imagine dozens of sunglasses, chains, etc. laying on the bottom. You would have to do it in the winter and have a flag out there. It's hard to see but if you get really close to the bottom and look carfeully and feel with your hands ( in gloves) you may run across something. I once found a pair of Ray Bans at PK and sold them for $20 on Ebay.

thats exactly what I was thinking about with grapevine, all that boat traffic and no divers, gotta be booty down there.

Debraw:
I wouldn't mind diving that point on Joe Pool Lake where the jet skiers and boaters come around a bend during the summer. It's near the Lynn Creek beach entry and picnic tables. I totally imagine dozens of sunglasses, chains, etc. laying on the bottom. You would have to do it in the winter and have a flag out there. It's hard to see but if you get really close to the bottom and look carfeully and feel with your hands ( in gloves) you may run across something. I once found a pair of Ray Bans at PK and sold them for $20 on Ebay.

You mean you found my Ray Bans and sold them!!! LOL

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom