Grapevine Lake

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cyclone3565

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Has anyone ever dove Grapevine lake. We are tired of diving Murray, Clear Springs, all the local DFW sites. Grapevine would be nice and close. All help would be greatly appreciated.

I thought about that when I lived in Grapevine until I took a close look at the water

Boats, and brail dive.

Lots and lots of fishing line and lures/hooks....u/w tree stumps and poor vis....not to mention as Rick just did....boats and crazies at the wheel!

There is very little good lake diving in the North Texas area. Mountain Creek Lake is no good, Grapevine and Lewisville are dangerous, and Lake Tawakoni is extremely brackish. I don't know about Joe Pool Lake, but I can guess, with the amount of boats and jetskis out there.

I dove at Joe Pool vis was about 1 inch. That's not bad!!!!:rofl3:

:rofl3:Diving in Lake Grapevine would be like diving into a chocolate shake!!!:rofl3:

I am impressed! We have people considering a dive in Grapevine. Ha! I wouldn't do it!

Debra, you dove Joe Pool? Seriously? I mean, how desperate were you to go diving that day? I am impressed though!

Tawakoni? Brackish? That's where city o' Dallas gets a large amount of their drinking water. How could that be brackish? Maybe crappy visit and full o' silt; but I doubt brackish; especially since there's no "salt water" nearby. I am so confused.

'Sorta makes me re-think Lake Pat Mayse .....
Compared to those reports it's a Oasis of Delight.
I'm headed there pretty soon with our metal detector to hunt for lost treasure along the beach and on the lake bottom in the swimming area. It's a Hellen Keller thing :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom