Grand Cozumel by Occidental

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shock21

New
Reaction score
Hello all, planning a dive trip in June to this resort, anyone have any feedback. I am also planning on contacting Christi at bluextsea for our dives. Thanks!!!!

Reported by most to be the nicest hotel on the island. I haven't stayed in all the others, but have stayed in the OG and I can easily believe it is the best hotel on the island.

Only drawback is that it is the farthest south of the hotels and therefore the farthest from town (but closest to the good diving reefs).

I guarantee that if you enjoy quality, you will not be disappointed.

Rich Hagelin

richhagelin:
I guarantee that if you enjoy quality, you will not be disappointed.

Rich Hagelin

What Rich said --- For both the hotel and the dive op.

But you better make reservations to dive as soon as you are able to make a decision because Blue XT Sea has been getting booked up a couple of months in advance. Yes, her reputation is that good.

I agree. The Grand and Blue XT Sea add up to a great vacation.

OG was great!! If you can't get with Blue XTsea I would highly recommend Dive with Alison www.divewithalison.com. The nice thing with Alison is that she not only runs the business but also dives with you. Not sure about Blue X prices but Alison was actually cheaper than Dive Palancar. Feel free to read my trip report if you want more info on Grand etc....
http://www.scubaboard.com/t87475-coz-trip-report---grand-coz-jan-15-22-2005---link-to-pictures.html

Have fun!
Tucker

Texas Diver:
I agree. The Grand and Blue XT Sea add up to a great vacation.

Definitely book early with Christi at Blue XT Sea!!! She's amazing!!! As for the Grand...we'll be staying there, too, for the first time April 30th - May 7th. We stayed at the Fiesta Americana 3 times last year and were very happy. We like the All Inclusive (we still eat in town a few times) so we decided that since we had free flights this time we would splurge on the hotel. We've heard all good reports on The Grand! And we are diving with Christi for the entire week. CAN'T WAIT!!!

Thanks All For The Info...we Will Book Asap, It Will Be Our First Time To Cozumel And Cannot Wait!!

I have seen several reports that the OG over books their rooms, and that many guests are left high and dry. Is this the case with any of you? We're planning on staying there starting April 1, and I'm a little worried.

jmyersfam:
I have seen several reports that the OG over books their rooms, and that many guests are left high and dry. Is this the case with any of you? We're planning on staying there starting April 1, and I'm a little worried.

Rest Easy. My wife and I stayed there 3 times last year and never had a problem with the resort being over booked. Over booking probably happens during the high travel times of the year but you are going to be there after Spring Break and Easter so you will be fine. And at the prices they charge it is hard to believe they can fill the place let alone over book it.

In any event worrying about it will not change anything. The resort will either be over booked or it won't be. It's like worring about whether it is going to rain or not during your stay.

Rest Easy. The resort will not be over booked and you will have a great time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom