Grand Cozumel by Occidental

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jmyersfam:
I have seen several reports that the OG over books their rooms, and that many guests are left high and dry. Is this the case with any of you? We're planning on staying there starting April 1, and I'm a little worried.

I think that they do overbook but I wouldn't say they leave you high and dry. We were there over presidents week and it was fully booked up. They were trying to get people to move over to the Allegro + $70/night rebate. We were pretty comfortable at the Grand and so stayed put. I talked to a few people who spent nights at both locations and they were "OK" with how it went - others may not have been.
Theres alot of talk about this on trip advisor.

I think what texasdiver says holds true - if your not going during a high time you'll probably be alright.

The Grand was awesome! Don't use Dive Palancar though - poorest service I've ever seen

Shock21:
Hello all, planning a dive trip in June to this resort, anyone have any feedback. I am also planning on contacting Christi at bluextsea for our dives. Thanks!!!!

When are you going to be there in June? My husband and I will be there from June 8-13 and we're also diving with Christi at Blue XT Sea. Can't wait!!!

Shock21:
Hello all, planning a dive trip in June to this resort, anyone have any feedback. I am also planning on contacting Christi at bluextsea for our dives. Thanks!!!!

Diving with Christi June 19 - 23rd. But I booked in January.

bridgediver:
Don't use Dive Palancar though - poorest service I've ever seen

HELP! If this op is so bad, then what do I do seeing as I am leaving next thursday (the 26th) and I was planning on using them because they are the on site dive shop. I was unable to get Blue XT-sea or Dive with alison.

It is my Girlfriends second dive trip! I don't want any problems! I did talk via email with LUIS and I set up a private DM on the boat for us. I figured it was worth the 35$

What should I do?
Thanks

bosshogg357:
HELP! If this op is so bad, then what do I do seeing as I am leaving next thursday (the 26th) and I was planning on using them because they are the on site dive shop. I was unable to get Blue XT-sea or Dive with alison.

It is my Girlfriends second dive trip! I don't want any problems! I did talk via email with LUIS and I set up a private DM on the boat for us. I figured it was worth the 35$

What should I do?
Thanks

If Christy is booked and you don't want to dive with Palancar, why not call Dive With Martin or Deep blue or one of the dozens of good operators that would love to pick you up at your hotel pier?

bosshogg357:

What should I do?
Thanks

Actually, Dive Palancar is a very well run and professional operation. Is it for everyone? Absolutely not. They do cater to more novice divers and resort divers.

For an advanced/seasoned diver, Dive palancar is not a really good option, but for a new/novice diver I think they are an excellent option, particularly if you are staying at the resort.

I also think that the private DM is an excellent option and $35 is a VERY fair price for a two-tank dive.

hope my 2 pesos helped :)

bridgediver:
I think that they do overbook but I wouldn't say they leave you high and dry. We were there over presidents week and it was fully booked up. They were trying to get people to move over to the Allegro + $70/night rebate. We were pretty comfortable at the Grand and so stayed put. I talked to a few people who spent nights at both locations and they were "OK" with how it went - others may not have been.
Theres alot of talk about this on trip advisor.

I think what texasdiver says holds true - if your not going during a high time you'll probably be alright.

The Grand was awesome! Don't use Dive Palancar though - poorest service I've ever seen

Can you tell me more why Dive Palancar was not good. We might be using them this next week. THanks

If you want to investigate fast/small boat ops, try Alison Dennis (www.scubawithalison.com). I have used her numerous times and have always been pleased. We stayed at the Grand last time and she picked up at the dock each morning.

As others have said, there are litereally 100s of choices of dive op. Lots of advice on this board on ones when BXTS is booked. Virtually all will pick you up at OG dock.

Rich Hagelin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom