Grand Caymen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deluca2799 once bubbled...
When I was down in Grand Caymen I dove with Bob Soto's. They were pretty good. I would Dive with them again. Some friends that go down there quite a bit tell me that all the shops are pretty much the same!:)

Safe Diving!

Soto's has short bottom times and short surface intervals. I was just there and would not use them again. See my trip report elsewhere in this forum.

I enjoy DiveTech. They have a couple of locations (Turtle Reef and Cobalt Coast). Good operators, no cattle cars, and some flexibility in the dive planning. They will pick you up or you can meet them at the dock.

leadweight once bubbled...

Soto's has short bottom times and short surface intervals.

Hi Leadweight,
don't feel like the LoneRanger, I too have experienced short bottom times with Soto's and that is why I switched to Fisheye.........and that was an excellent decision :mean: I don't plan to go back and use Soto's again.:upset:
There are plenty of other ops that will let you dive your own profile.

Dive Safe,
Caymaniac:)

Even if you don't dive w Divetech, as suggested by Northeastwrecks, you should check out the shore diving at Divetech's Turtle Reef location.

I was in GC junior certifying my son just before thanksgiving, and his first post cert dive was done at Turtle Reef. Of the 10 dives we did that weekend (well long weekend), it was the dive with the richest reef life and color: flounder, turtles, lemon ray, eagle ray, spotted eel, moray, anenomes, small school of big tarpon, lobster, peterson shrimp, all sorts of corals and sponges, and the usual suspects: jacks, angel, parrot and others....and lots of all of it!!! wow! I'm not sure I've ever seen as much in one 56 minute dive as I did on this shore dive... certainly not on the west end of GC. It beat anything else we did that weekend, although the walls and swim thrus at Round Rock and Trinity Caves were quite fun...I did those while he was doing check out dives in the sand flats above these sites.

Whatever you decide you should check out this great shore dive.

Joe

I used Fisheye several times and was very satisfied with them. But I don't think they go to the east end where the best diving is but where there is no beach to speak of.

Fisheye doesn't come out to East End, and the best diving is out here. The reef is a lot healthier and the three dive ops are discussing methods to keep it that way. The wall is much more sheer than the west side too.

There are three dive ops on East End and aside from Stingray City we don't head west to dive. Conversely, there are a couple dive ops on the west side that promote an East End trip. Sunset House brings their big boat Manta out here occasionally. Tresure Island comes up here occasionally too on Milsap. Of course the Cayman Aggressor usually makes some dives out here on their way to and from the Sister Islands, or may stay out here a few days if they can't make the crossing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom