Grand Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

John4455

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Does anybody know anything about the status of Grand Cayman? I have heard conflicting reports about the hurricane recovery. I am perticularly interested in the Treasure Island Resort. Is the pool and the resturant open? How are the dive sites Around the island?
Thanks

John4455:
Does anybody know anything about the status of Grand Cayman? I have heard conflicting reports about the hurricane recovery. I am perticularly interested in the Treasure Island Resort. Is the pool and the resturant open? How are the dive sites Around the island?
Thanks
TI was one of the few resorts that suffered minimal damage. In fact some of the early repair crews stayed there. So I assume they're back to normal by now. TIDivers wasn't so lucky, they've shutdown for good.

The divesites from what I've read were mostly unaffected except for some massive sand movements to the north and loss of some sponges in West Bay. One of the Cayman diveresort websites has details.

John4455:
I am perticularly interested in the Treasure Island Resort.

Treasure Island Resort has been sold to developers from St Louis. The plan is to make the facilities available for long term rental as apartments, thus removing it from the tourism market.

TI Resort was in receivership of Scotia Bank prior to Hurricane Ivan. Financial troubles built over time resulting in the bank's take-over. Hopefully the new arrangement will be to the benefit of the property and local residents who desperately need affordable housing now.

** Treasure Island Resort should not be confused with Treasure Island Condos. TI Condos is financially stable.**

Back
Top Bottom