grand cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
cold diver

cold diver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I would like to plan a trip to Grand Cayman in March. Which is the best area to stay? It looks like the west side is less expensive, I assume this is for a reason. Can someone enlighten me? Thanks!

You'll get lots of positive recommendations here on SB for diving with Ocean Frontiers at the Compass Point resort at the east end of Grand Cayman.

I dove for a week there in May and had a great time. The East End, compared to the Seven Mile Beach area on the west end, is quiet so diving is the focus (but then again, with the size of Grand Cayman, it doesn't take long to get anywhere by car).

With the exception of a single overnight at Seven Mile Beach due to a broken connection to Little Cayman in 2023, I've not stayed at Seven Mile Beach on my four trips to Grand Cayman (Rum Point area twice, Compass Point twice) so I don't have any experience on relative cost.

There's a thread with some recent observations of the quality of the diving on the west and east end of the island...I'll dig it up and post it here.

ETA: Here's the thread I mentioned. It dates back to 2022. For the recent discussion, start with post #71 (May 2024).

Post in thread 'Have SB divers lost interest in GC?' Have SB divers lost interest in GC?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom