Trip Report Grand Cayman Trip Summary with Pics!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Awesome report, thanks for sharing. My fiancee is a non-diver, so this trip would be very similar to what we would do (sans her diving)

That's so cool you got to me Ripert, he seems like such a down to earth, nice guy. Always liked seeing him on Bourdain's show, you could tell they were really good friends. I felt for him after Bourdain's death.

Glad you got good weather and enjoyed!

It was a once in a lifetime experience meeting Ripert. They actually did a nice statement about remember Bourdain. He was actually suppose to be the co-host at the Cayman Cookout.

Nice report! What was the beach like at the Marriott? I have heard that it has almost disappeared.

We've had a lot of wind and wave action on SMB the last couple of weeks (things are calm now, though). The beach is thin down by Marriott normally, so when the waves hit they lose most of their beach. Right now not much beach there. In general its best to stay north of Marriott if you want good beachfront.

Thanks for the report. You hit a lot of highlights on the trip.

If you want nice beach, the north end of 7MB has lots of sand and is much quieter than where you were staying.

There are many condo options as well as a Kimpton Hotel.
North end of 7MB puts you closer to dive boat departures and good shore diving as well.

Thanks for the report. You hit a lot of highlights on the trip.

If you want nice beach, the north end of 7MB has lots of sand and is much quieter than where you were staying.

There are many condo options as well as a Kimpton Hotel.
North end of 7MB puts you closer to dive boat departures and good shore diving as well.

Thanks for the recommendations. I snorkelled the north end on boggy sand road. It was quite like you mentioned.

Wow; great report. Jealous.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom