Grand Cayman trip report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Taras

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My wife and I just got back form a week of diving in Grand Cayman. We had an awesome trip and dove everyday. We once again dove with Keith and Casey from Neptune's Divers in Grand Cayman and were again truly impressed. They are a class operation and just incredibly knowledgeable. Casey helped the wife and I with our Enriched air certification and made it all seem so easy.

Keith Casey and Crew are all very knowledgeable of the marine life in the area and throughout the world and we had many discussions about our favorite creatures. Some of what we saw this trip... A decorator crab, leopard flat worm, fingerprint snail, nurse shark, lettuce leaf nudi's and much much more. All in all a great trip. the diving was awesome and the service provided by Neptune's Divers exceeded all of our expectations. They are truly the best.

For anyone needing a recommendation for a dive company to use in the Grand Cayman, I highly recommend using Neptune's Divers.

Taras

My wife and I also just got back from GC last week. We dove with Neptune's on the 21st-23rd of January. Keith and Casey run a great operation.

Care to share anything about your diving?

Seems like you might work for NEptune Divers.
Working for Neptune's Divers in Grand Cayman would be difficult considering I live in St. Louis, MO. As I said in my original post... My wife and I once again dove with Neptune's Divers! Dude, I was simply posting a trip report. We have been diving with Neptune's Divers for a while now and like the services that they provide. Posting a trip report of where I dove and with what company I dove with is what the forum is all about. For example I have never been to Cozumel to dive but if I were to go... I would dive with Christi from Blue XT-Sea Diving based on references that people have given me. Consequently, I have read many trip reports where divers have posted reviews that have helped me cross dive companies off of my list. I hope this gives you a better understanding of the importance of posting a trip report. There are a lot of folks who read trip reports to get a better idea of who to dive with as well as to find out what dive co.'s might be the best fit for their skill level and style.

Regarding our dives...We had great dives in GCM. 2 dives on north wall sites, three days of diving on the west side and then there was a little bit of weather that forced everyone to move their boats to the south sound and we did our last dives in the south sound. Water temp ranged form 78 to 82. Visibility was spectacular on all but one dive. We Dove Sand Chute on the west side one morning for our deep dive and there was an extraordinary amount of nutrients in the water. We talked about it on the boat after the dive and came to the conclusion that it must have been an up well from the deep because there were all kinds of bizarre marine invertebrates in the water that morning. It was actually really cool to see because they looked like the types of jellyfish you only get to see on the discovery channel of Natl Geo. The South Sound dives were great but there was a noticeable surge around 20ft to the surface. Below 20-25ft the surge was unremarkable.

If you have any other questions about our dives in GCM you can always feel free to email me.

Taras

Taras..what days (dates) did you dive with Neptunes? My wife and I dove with them Jan. 21-23. But I don't think we were on the same boat with you.

<< Seems like you might work for NEptune Divers. >>

Suspicions about the motives of people who post glowing reports about dive ops are becoming common on this board. In your case, Taras, it may be because you have only posted in 2 threads - 1 in 2003 and this one - and in both threads you praised Neptune Divers. In my case, having praised Ocean Frontiers, I fell under suspicion presumably because I live here. I think it would be helpful for posters to confirm that they have not been encouraged by the dive op in question to post a glowing report. Beyond that, we need to lighten up.

It's usually obvious when someone is shilling for an op, and when they just liked a place. I wouldn't have interpreted this post as shilling.

Not saying it is the case here, but I've also seen people repeatedly recommend a place, because they found someplace they like, and keep going back and don't try other places. Or they're new, have only gone one place, and liked it. That's often obvious too. It's not alway the most useful information since the person has nothing to compare against, but it's generally well intentioned, anyway.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom