Grand Cayman snorkeling destinations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thegrandpoohbah

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
We will be going to Grand Cayman March 29 - April 6. This is our first trip there and we will be staying with friends who are living in West Bay. The plan is to rent a car for the week and we may even rent a boat for a day to do Stingray City. Any other good snorkeling spots you would recommend? Preferably with shore entry. Thanks!

I think the best snorkelling on the Island may be at Morritts Tortuga Club, particularly near the pier. A close second would be Eden Rock, with Sunset House 3rd. You could also check out Cobalt Coast.

Cemetery Reef and Smith's Cove. The reef at Cemetery starts at about 10'. This is from shorediving.com but talks about snorkeling. Cemetery Beach is on the north end of SMB in/near West Bay.
Scuba Shore Diving Site Page for: Cemetery Reef of Cayman Islands, Caribbean
Scuba Shore Diving Site Page for: Smith's Cove of Cayman Islands, Caribbean

I've heard Lighthouse Point is really shallow for a while also - the anchor there is at 15' - and there's a couple of shallow archaeological shipwreck sites. According to this map, the 1st 200' offshore is shallower than 30'. divetechLHP.htm

Other options: Grand Cayman Islands Snorkel Sites

You can also snorkel the Kittiwake but do that from a boat with a licensed operator. The Official Website for the Kittiwake Shipwreck - Home

I tried to help your photo a little, it's a bit over exposed:

I tried to help your photo a little, it's a bit over exposed:
Sir, you have been hired! Excellent editing!

---------- Post added April 12th, 2013 at 12:54 PM ----------

TESTUDO'S SNORKEL GUIDE Cayman Off the Beaten Path Testudo's Interactive Snorkel Guide, as seen on Grand Cayman Travel Forum/ Trip Advisor
Without a doubt, Testudo knows the snorkel sites on this island. He also posts regularly in this forum. Do reach out to him with questions.

+1 Cemetary Reef, absolutely a beautiful beach, great place to have lunch and relax. Also a great snorkel, I've seen Morays, Nurse Sharks, Queen Triggerfish, all the usual reef fish. Yes, it's at the cemetary in West Bay, plenty of street parking a short walk into the beach.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom