Grand Cayman or Turks and Caicos?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

T&C diving out of Provo just meh. Topside pretty basic. Cayman Brac Beach Resort is very well run, great boat diving. Same folks run similar op on Little. Both are all inclusive, great diving. On GC we like Sunset House. GC strengths are variety of topside activities and great shore dives to complement boat diving.
TC diving out of Provo is actually quite good as they normally go to West Caicos and even French Cay if conditions permit - but boat rides are long so you blow most of the day even on a 2 tank. Lots of good restaurants in Prvo too!

Grand Cayman has more options for diving including great shore diving - plus boat rides are short so you can still have a good part of the day for non-diving activities. Lots of restaurants, shopping, great beaches and good snorkeling spots for non divers.

I was just in Brac last November and the diving was decent, but not spectacular - typical Caribbean. I wouldn't say it was better than Grand Cayman (especially GC East End) - in fact, several southern Brac sites had pretty badly bleached brain corals. Perhaps I was jaded as I had just come back from Rangiroa/French Polynesia which makes most of the Caribbean pale in comparison in terms of bio-diversity and health of corals.

Would go TCI over Grand Cayman. I liked the diving better even with the trip to the sites.
Used Caicos Adventures.
Provo Scuba Diving and Luxury Boat Charters | Caicos Adventures
Fifi the owner is amazing and the boat was super. He even provided lunch during the SI. Haven't been there in ten years though.

In GC, don't use Don Fosters. We had terrible experience. Physically shoved new diver off the boat, broken rental equipment. They used to be good, but I wouldn't dive with them if they were free.

Edit: 2006 was TCI and 2007 was GC.

Would go TCI over Grand Cayman. I liked the diving better even with the trip to the sites.
Used Caicos Adventures.
Provo Scuba Diving and Luxury Boat Charters | Caicos Adventures
Fifi the owner is amazing and the boat was super. He even provided lunch during the SI. Haven't been there in ten years though.

In GC, don't use Don Fosters. We had terrible experience. Physically shoved new diver off the boat, broken rental equipment. They used to be good, but I wouldn't dive with them if they were free.
That’s odd - I’ve dived with Don Fosters every year since 2015 and liked them. Friends who live on Grand Cayman for the last 8 years use them as their primary shop and like them too. I was sad to hear they shut down but hope to dive with Sergio when they hopefully do reopen as a smaller outfit post Covid.

That’s odd - I’ve dived with Don Fosters every year since 2015 and liked them. Friends who live on Grand Cayman for the last 8 years use them as their primary shop and like them too. I was sad to hear they shut down but hope to dive with Sergio when they hopefully do reopen as a smaller outfit post Covid.
Edited my timeline. 2007 was GC. Maybe they returned to greatness after we were there?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom