Grand Cayman Favorite Dive Sites, Restaurants, Things to Do

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lulubelle

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello all,

I have recently learned that I will be spending a week in Grand Cayman on someone else's budget. I have never spent any time there and hope that some of you have and can give me some good advice. Lodgings are already set. We are staying on 7 mile beach.

Favorite Dive Sites-I may be taking a non diver, so I want to pick my dive sites very carefully. I have an op that I plan to use, In Depth Water Sports. But I want to hear what your favorite dive sites are.

Favorite Restaurants-Let it rip, this is not a budget sensitive trip. Though I do tend to favor places with great food AND some character.

Favorite Things to do-any good places for music, interesting artsy areas, land based things to do?

Thanks so much.

Cracked Conch was good but as for the one paying I really felt ripped off. Morgan harbor is off the path and is my fav. Micheal's genuine was also in my fav spots, a great place to go for food. My favorite op is Jim Soda of Seasports, best thing is they don't pick you up till 9 so you can sleep in and they pick you up by boat. (I don't like sitting in rush hour traffic on vacation)..... My favorite dive spot is the shore dive at the Cracked Conch. Afternoon is best for lighting and the bar makes a great spot for off gassing...... For boat dives the North wall is the place to go. as the ops work by their schedule and weather, it's difficult to guarantee. Sting ray city is something everyone should experience, but that is kinda a been there got the t-shirt thing. Do the snorkel trip thing to go with your non diving friends.

My favorite dive there was the Kittiwake. You can't miss the Kittiwake. I really liked Bullwinkle West, don't know exactly why, it was just a good dive and it sticks out in my mind for some reason.

As far as eats the best food we had was at Copper Run. (I will have to check and make sure but I think that was the name of it.) The steaks were excellent, the service was superb and the staff were all very friendly. We thought the food at Casanova's was good. The night we were there the service was poor, but the food was good. That would be closer to Georgetown

We enjoyed the Turtle Farm and what could be better than sending your friends a postcard from Hell.

Have Fun, we did.

Trinity caves (which is a swim through), and u have to try Ragazzi's. Sooo good!

We were just there at the end of December for four days, I still can't get the dives out of my mind.

My favourite was Eden Rock - lots of coral caverns, including Devil's Grotto.

We dove the Kittiwake and it was spectacular - it is also a dive I would do again in a heart beat.

For food, Rackam's has creative, fresh seafood - they also have a "feed the Tarpon" experience, though we sat way down, near their sofas so avoided the frenzy.

Enjoy - hope you have as wonderful time as we did !

I appreciate all of your replies very much and hope there will be even more. I should have clarified. I will only dive a couple of days since my friend does not dive and the op is already selected. Plus, we will be busy some days burning up the spa at the Ritz.

I already have my dive op selected. My home boy Nat at In Depth Water Sports. He doesn't take too many divers, and uses an RMB that moves fast and can get to some sites more easily than most boats. What I am trying to narrow down are the specific dive sites I want to try to get to in those couple of diving days, so thanks to those who made specific mentions of specific site. I may play the weather forecast game to get to the sites I want since I won't be diving the entire time.

As for food and other land based things, money is no object on this particular trip, it's an award trip, so my only criteria are 1. Great food and 2. Has some character. My friend is Italian and we are both sort of foodies.

Thanks!

How about stating when you'll be there? I'm there with my SO from March 3rd to 11th 2012, and like you, just doing a few dives in the beginning. Also, consider shore-diving in shallow, it's unreal how long a tank last at sub-15'.

How about stating when you'll be there? I'm there with my SO from March 3rd to 11th 2012, and like you, just doing a few dives in the beginning. Also, consider shore-diving in shallow, it's unreal how long a tank last at sub-15'.

I'm funny about posting dates in open forums, but late spring.

Back
Top Bottom