Grand Cayman Dive Guides

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RickJames

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Any recomendations on a shop to dive with on Grand Cayman. Looking for a place that does'nt pack 50 people on a boat if possible. Like it a little more personal than that. Thanks for any suggestions.

I was there last July. I dove with DiveTech and Ocean Frontiers. DiveTech is a fairly large, but high quality operation. They also picked me up each day at my condo on SMB. The East End diving (Ocean Frontiers) was more spectacular, but the surf was rougher. When I was there, we dove in ~ 6 foot waves. The west end (DiveTech) was almost glass calm. If you're staying on SMB, OF is about an hour drive. Ocean Frontiers also provided a little more service. They set up your tanks. With both, the boats were rear entry, but only had ~6 divers. Do the stingray city dive. It's only 15-20 feet, but a lot of fun. They have a tame moray that comes out to play in addition to the seemingly hundreds of sting rays. As I recall, OF was slightly more expensive.

Cool, thanks for the info. Yea, I am staying on Seven Mile Beach. I will do some research.

I just got back from GC, I dove with Don Fosters Dive, Grand Cayman. It was an excellent operation, and all the dives were great. Only thing I didn't like is the boats are non-smoking, other than that they come highly recommended. Small groups, lots of space on the boat. Very cool divemasters.
I stayed at the Marriott on seven mile beach, they were willing to pick me up but I had a rental car.

I just spotted this thread so I apologize if I'm too late. I dived Grand Cayman a couple of years ago and had great dives with Off the Wall Divers: Caribbean: Cayman Islands: Grand Cayman: Diving

They take out small groups and cater to the types of dives you wish to do.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom