GPS Corrdinates for South FL dive sites.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OH-JJ

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Well Title says most of it. My brother and Parents live in Port St. Lucie, and he has a boat. Trouble is, (and I am still trying to figure this out,) he only dives on vacations to the Caribbean... or when I come down. So is there a site or does any one have the GPS coordinates of good dive sites on the South east coast and the upper keys?

I use to dive the Keys back in the late 60s but have no numbers to give you for that area now, if you need some for the Outer Banks...that's another story. You may want to be more specific as to location (South East coast is big) and type of enviroment your're looking for like wrecks, reefs etc.

Best of luck to ya.

Ok, a little more info. So far the info has been good. My Brother has a 19ft Wellcraft I/O so we can probably push it to 4-5 foot seas, ( I know it is not fun but we have done it with the front cover on.) I want the GPS lat and Long because I Bought the Gps chart/depth finder. And while our Grandfather taught me how to navigate using the charts, compass, and other fine tools, My brother did not learn these essential skills. Hence if I can give him the Lat and Long. he can plug them into the chart finder, and hopefully get off his arse and dive. plus when I go down we can trailer the boat down to the Keys and have some nice warm dives that I will not need my dry suit for. :wink:

This site contains all of the coordinates that were in the popular Fishing & Diving Locations of South Florida book (and more) written by Dr. Ray McAllister.

Florida Near Shore

Just follow the instructions on the home page. Don't underestimate the content of the site by the simple appearance of the website :). The Google Earth integration for these dive sites is awesome. The Google Earth integration is great for kayak divers because you can find a dive spot and then look directly west to see where it is relative to buildings on the beach for identifying your launch site. If you don't want to bother with Google Earth you can download the .PDF files and that is very nice too. There are not just coordinates but imagery (reflectance imagery via satellites) of the reefs. Not too long ago they sold a DVD, with these same dive sites, in local dive shops for about $40 bucks. Now it is all free!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom