GPO with eggs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They are great pictures, but I must ask just how big are the objects you are shooting as it is hard to tell??

Peter_C:
They are great pictures, but I must ask just how big are the objects you are shooting as it is hard to tell??
Hmmm... well.... the GPO on eggs was quite large... maybe a 60-80 pounder?

The jellyfish was approximately softball sized.

The Cabezon was about... I dunno... about a foot long... Pug? that about close for the cabby size?

Here's one more picture from those Cove 2 dives. This Giant Red Dendronotid was hanging out on the Honey Bear... I'm guessing he was about 4" long :wink:

Dendronotus_rufus1.jpg

Wow Snowbear those are all great shots!!
I'm most impressed, your octopus variants seem to be a tad more impressive than the local variety :wink:.

This is my favorite octo shot, although this looks like it was a night dive?
The exposure and lighting are all spot on and the form/shape of the tentacles seem to draw me to its eye :).
GPO_Eggs_Eye.jpg

Looks a bit sinister in fact.
Why not post this in the u/w photography forum i'm sure everyone would love to see these shots.
Btw what are you shooting with?

Thanks jamdiver :)

No, it was a day dive, though the water was a bit murky (~ 20' viz). This octo's 'den' was under a steel plate. I just stuck my hand in a hole in the plate and snapped the pictures. I was surprised at how many ended up in focus :11:
Jamdiver:
Btw what are you shooting with?
A Pentax Optio S50 point~n~shoot digital with a Pentax housing. I don't use a strobe, just the built-in flash with a little diffuser on the housing.

Snowbear:
A Pentax Optio S50 point~n~shoot digital with a Pentax housing. I don't use a strobe, just the built-in flash with a little diffuser on the housing.

Same rig as Uncle Pug....
Small, affordable, excellent pictures. That's it for me. Decission made.

-Ben M.

The first and last GPO shots are my favorites. Really outstanding images. Thanks for sharing!

Sea ya!

Wow, Snow.....those octo shots are great. That last one with the eggs makes a great wallpaper....hope you don't mind me using it!

You've really got that camera nailed!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom