Government Spies Infiltrate Millbrook

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikeS once bubbled...
“John Wall, manager of the Dive Shop, said state officials have acted in bad faith by sneaking into the quarry as civilian divers. He said state officials are welcome at the quarry as long as they announce themselves and sign a liability waiver like anybody else.”

Check it out http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A42552-2003Mar4.html
...actually I don't think this is particularly good news. It sounds like they are pretty motivated to do something about the mussels, which may mean no more Millbrook for a while. I will keep my fingers crossed though..

Not that I'm against mankind stepping in ALL the time, but I wonder what would happen if we would just quit forcing issues with nature every time we feel the need. The earth was doing just fine for 5 billion years before we humans grew a brain big enough to think we should control what happens. I understand that the main concern here is over the accessability of drinking water, but perhaps there are greater forces at work here than just the mere fact that the mussels inhabited this area. There may be other problems we don't see or understand which nature is curing on its own. I think we've f'ed up more things by "helping" than if we would have just let nature take its course.

Sorry, rants over.

M

...it will suck if they close or poison Millbrook...almost all the LDSs do training there and the quarry is only about 30 mins from my house. If they close it, we have nothing within 3 or so hours of the DC metro area..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom