Got some dinner yesterday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Belzelbub

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Started out frustrating as I was missing way too many shots. Finally got it together and managed to bring home dinner. A few fish took multiple tries to land. Definitely not my best work, but in the end it worked. Got a couple visits by a turtle, too.

Water definitely warming up. 82 on the bottom. 3 weeks ago, it was about 76.

Water definitely warming up. 82 on the bottom.
Nice cooler of dinner fish. Viz looked really good for this time of year. Congrats!!

Yes. Apart from the whale snot algae, viz was excellent.

Nice meal. Is the water always so clouded with algae?

Nice work.... Love the music. I 'm thinking tempura fish and chips! Yum.

I was going to ask, what is all the snot in the water?
I like to call it whale snot. I believe it's just a type of algae that moves in as the water warms up.
Nice. What species were in the video? Was the school that passed through not good game fish?
The school that passed through was Amberjack. They are good gamefish, but difficult to land via freeshafting. They are pretty strong. I'm not a huge fan of the taste, so usually leave them.

The fish with the brown stripe on the long nose are hogfish. IMO, one of the best tasting fish around here. The other fish I got in the hole was a mangrove snapper.

The grouper in the beginning were, of course, out of season at the moment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom