got my RESCUE Certification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

durian:
i did my PADI RESCUE Course. PADI states it to be a 3 day course. It took me 5 days. The school refuses to do it in 3 days. I had to do my final scenarios correctly and had to do them correctly more than once. Also in Thailand at this time the weather is stormy, the water choppy and the currents strong.

I am grateful to the school for their thoroughness and commitment. Had they pushed me through in 3 days i would not have the confidence. Even with 5 days i know i need practice, practice, practice.

Their initial DM course is 3 weeks not 10 days.

I think i will do my DMT with them

Congratulations! It will serve you well.

Regards,

Hey Congrats! I just got mine several weeks ago too, I had a blast and learned alot.

durian:
i did my PADI RESCUE Course. PADI states it to be a 3 day course. It took me 5 days. The school refuses to do it in 3 days. I had to do my final scenarios correctly and had to do them correctly more than once. Also in Thailand at this time the weather is stormy, the water choppy and the currents strong.

I am grateful to the school for their thoroughness and commitment. Had they pushed me through in 3 days i would not have the confidence. Even with 5 days i know i need practice, practice, practice.

Their initial DM course is 3 weeks not 10 days.

I think i will do my DMT with them

Me and the wifey are heading off there and in sore need of some direction. She's thinking of doing a diving course (advanced) but don't have a clue .... obviously. Hence this rather drawn-out question ..... Who are you training with ?

i was training with Mermaids in Jomtien Beach, Pattaya, Thailand. I also did my AOW with them. I did my OW with Big Blue in Koh Samui

I am heading out to Mermaids in just 2 weeks! To join up as an intern on their OWSI course. I'm really pleased to hear such great things about them! After all, it is a very significant decision, when choosing the best place to train for your IDC & IE. For me, the toss up was between quality of education and quality of dive sites. I chose the education quality in the end as my priority when I picked Mermaids. After I pass my exams I will have plenty of time to dive in locations with better vis and marine life ...and in the meantime I think that training in slightly less ideal conditions will make me a better, and tougher diver!

For anyone interested, their website is:

www.learn-in-asia.com

Is anyone a current intern at Mermaids? If so please get in touch with me!

We had a five day course as well, and on the last day, I had to repeat one scenario (bringing up an unconscious diver) three times. After the second time, the instructor took me down and had me play "victim", and he went through the sequence so I could feel what he was doing differently to balance me and get me up. Then he made me do it again, until he was satisfied I had corrected the issues.

Rescue is a good class. Mine was also well taught (with the proviso that there were equipment issues I have written about before).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom