Got my Jet Fins!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The wide short blade of the jetfins are great for frog kicks and modified finning methods used more for technical diving. This doesn't mean that they don't work when flutter kicking.

But in all honesty, the long paddle or split fin technology goes a long way for traditional straight legged flutter kicks for OW rec diving. Split fins probably aren't the best for other finning techniques though.

animian2002 - which finning techniques are you trying? If you're using the more technical kicks, the negative bouyancy characteristics may help with trim.

Scuba_Eddy - Nice tips on keep the jetfins durable.
Ken

I have not found or used a better fin. I don't believe I ever will.

divernva once bubbled...
The wide short blade of the jetfins are great for frog kicks and modified finning methods used more for technical diving. This doesn't mean that they don't work when flutter kicking.

Hmm.. did you know that my Jet Fins are equal in length to my Cressi Frogs? My Jets do a flutter kick much better, IMO, than the Frogs...

And don't get me started on how much better they flutter kick than the splits.. :wink:

divernva wrote...
There's the understatement of the day! :) I couldn't believe how effortlessly I could power along at high speed in my new Turtles using the flutter kick.

OTOH, they seemed inferior to Blades for frog kicking.

divernva wrote...
But in all honesty, the long paddle or split fin technology goes a long way for traditional straight legged flutter kicks for OW rec diving.
It's possibly unique to me, but I never did that well at the flutter kick using Blades (long paddle fins).

Jet Fin, hu ?

It seems a bit strange to me ?
I remember using Beuchat JetFins at the age of 17. It was 23 years ago !

They were very good at that time, but I also remember when I shift to Beuchat GoldFins, ...it was a real pleasure. The Goldfins where much much better, lighter and incredibly more powerfull.

I assume the jetfins you speak about are not the same, or have been tremendously improved !

Let me know.

Check this site out from another thread and consider IST Talaria like he said you wont go back.

Dive fin test

They may not be spectacular on paper, but I don't think there is a more versatile fin out there.

Yes :bounce: JetFIns ...that's wat I'm going to get... Tried It last week at a pool session and I simply love it.

Went to a diving trip following that, used another pair of fins and they just don seem right to me ..Jet fins...is definitely the fins for me :D

animian2002 once bubbled...
Yes :bounce: JetFIns ...that's wat I'm going to get... Tried It last week at a pool session and I simply love it.

Went to a diving trip following that, used another pair of fins and they just don seem right to me ..Jet fins...is definitely the fins for me :D

you wont regret, and when ur done diving, u can hand them down to ur childfren, then grand children , great grandchildren etc. These babies are bulletproof, they'll survive a nuclear holocaust :D

Just get some of that Trident Silicon Spray and lube ur fins when not in use to keep them supple and new

filtered once bubbled...

you wont regret, and when ur done diving, u can hand them down to ur childfren, then grand children , great grandchildren etc. These babies are bulletproof, they'll survive a nuclear holocaust :D

Just get some of that Trident Silicon Spray and lube ur fins when not in use to keep them supple and new

Filtered.... :eek: :D

regret...don think so... :D

Back
Top Bottom