Got my Jet Fins!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonnythan

Knight Scublar
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My Jet Fins just came in from LeisurePro.. size XL and they seem to fit my drysuit booties just fine.

I'll get to try them on Saturday. Whee! :)

(they're much larger than I expected....)

It's a Northern Diver drysuit with attached boots. The boots are vulcanized and look very similar to regular wetsuit boots. They're a UK size 9 (which is a US 9.5 or 10 and is slightly too big, but no big deal so far).

I'm thinking of getting Jetfin too, but people has been telling me, it is heavy for a average size Asian Gal like myself and aso my finning technique plays an impt part too so what shld I do ? :confused:

you have a few choices...

check out ebay for cheap jetfins

or

borrow jetfins from others to try out before making a commitment

or

get the twinjets...seems that many people are raving about these.

I have the IDI fins and have no problem with these plus they are half the price of jetfins :wink: although some say their performace don't measure up to the scubapro jets.

ikan bilis once bubbled...
you have a few choices...

check out ebay for cheap jetfins

or

borrow jetfins from others to try out before making a commitment

or

get the twinjets...seems that many people are raving about these.

I have the IDI fins and have no problem with these plus they are half the price of jetfins :wink: although some say their performace don't measure up to the scubapro jets.

Thanks for your suggestion. Will see what I can do

The Jet Fins are wonderful. Compared to the Twin Jets and Tusa X-pert Zooms I tried out on my AOW checkouts, they feel like the lightning bolts on the logo. More resistance, *much* more snap, and even more speed. I almost expected it to be tougher to fin than when using the splits.. but for the same speed, I'm just barely finning and I know there's a whole lot more power there if I need it. I can't say enough about these fins.

BTW animian2002.. I don't think you'd have a problem with them at all, but I'd suggest trying them out before you buy some. Of course I'm one of those people who give out advice they don't follow.. most things I buy I have never tried.

jonnythan once bubbled...
The Jet Fins are wonderful. Compared to the Twin Jets and Tusa X-pert Zooms I tried out on my AOW checkouts, they feel like the lightning bolts on the logo. More resistance, *much* more snap, and even more speed. I almost expected it to be tougher to fin than when using the splits.. but for the same speed, I'm just barely finning and I know there's a whole lot more power there if I need it. I can't say enough about these fins.

BTW animian2002.. I don't think you'd have a problem with them at all, but I'd suggest trying them out before you buy some. Of course I'm one of those people who give out advice they don't follow.. most things I buy I have never tried.

:Dthat is one good advice.when most of the stuff u bought ,u have not tried :D

Actually, I have already set my eyes on the Jetfin, but because alot of people tell me this and that , I have to put them on hold. I'm kind of worry that Jetfin might not be the one for me :(

But luckily a friend of mine, is going to let me have a tryout next week.. so If all goes well... I will get my very own :)

:jester:

I am the proud owner of four sets of ScubaPro Jet fins! Two of which I am selling to some friends of mine. I was looking online into buying new Jet fins about six months ago. After trying a pair a friend of mine let me borrow, I was sold! When I "ordered" them through Ebay, I received them and was disappointed to find that it was too small for me to use with booties. It was a size large. (I wear a 10 1/2 ). It was next to impossible to even think about using them for diving. I ended up re-ordering an Extra-Large, which fits great! P.S. I also recommended splurging for the Halcyon spring heel straps, which makes donning and doffing so much easier and it is more comfortable too!
Now I was stuck with the Large size Jet fins. Out of boredom, I tried to use them with out booties, and they fit fine. The heel strap was quite comfortable. They are, in my humble opinion, the best snorkeling fins I have ever used. Being significantly negatively buoyant and the three channels make them easier to submerge your foot underwater when on the surface. They also are great for creating resistance for a leg workout.

Keep in mind when bidding on Ebay that Jet Fins with out the Lightning Bolt were made before 1982. They changed the rubber composition in 1982, which made them 15% lighter, but did not change the way they performed in the water. One of the fins I purchased were without the lightning bolt and it was cracked and not taken care of. One of the telltale signs that show Jet fins, which should be avoided, is if the top of the foot pocket is caved in, don't bid! The rubber is old, has not been taken care of properly and has lost its elasticity. One can take care of his/her Jet fins is by using silicone. Apply all over (do not forget inside the channels or inside the foot pocket!) leave on for a few minutes. Afterwards, buff out like waxing a car! This will keep your fins looking like new and help it last a lifetime! It is especially a good idea to do if you are not going diving for a while and will be storing them.

I hope this helped anyone looking to buy Jetfins!

=-)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom