Got my Jet Fins!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

it seems to me that jet-fins are the darlings among divers.........

man.....the temptation to get the jet-fins is getting greater and greater.........*Ouch !!.........*..........

=-)

Gotta agree with you on that one Uncle pug. I think DiverBuoy must have been throwing out bait. Come on DiverBuoy please tell us that the “units of energy” thing was a joke.:jester:

oh oh, here's another anecdote that i posted on another thread that may be useful for drawing flames from all the jetfinners out there :p

one of our dm trainees who owns a pair of jetfins was about to go for the 800m snorkel swim. he has been asking around to see if he could borrow "normal" fins so that he could have some hope of passing.

i commented to him that since jetfins are such well renowned all purpose fins, he should just go ahead and use them. an instructor (who also uses jetfins) overhead my comment and said that he must be crazy to try swimming 800m in them.

i did my 800m swim in the xooms and got a score of 3 (out of 5). could have gotten a score of 4 but was conserving energy, thinking that i would get tired towards the end. i never did and should have just swum harder.

so it seems to me, just like how splits seem to work best under certain conditions for certain purposes, jetfins appear to be best when you need short bursts of high speed or require high levels directional control. i have not yet come across a fin that is perfect under every circumstance and we'd be kidding ourselves to think that any particular fin today is king of all the hills.

please flame me now. :p

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom