got inspired...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa

Neither here nor there
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I went diving yesterday and took a picture that inspired me to play...

This is the picture before

before_hm103.jpg

First I wanted to try to adjust the levels and it just didn't have the right lighting...maybe if I could get rid to the back scatter, but that didn't look good either. Then I thought about blurring the background, a regular blur looked ok, but it didn't thrill me...so I used motion blur...to give the feeling of speed the little buggah have dodging from here to there and that looked really cool. Now what if I turn it into a black and white? you might still recognize the silver of the scales...I didn't even get that far because I happened on to the hue and saturation button first and this is how it turned out after all that playing

art_HM103.jpg

The second one looks pretty cool. The first an third ones are neat too, but the highlights are slightly blown out.

it's called motion blur. You can determin the angle of the blur effect. I used the selection tool and selected the back ground (masking the fish) blurred it. This caused the outer edge of the fish to drag a bit...pretty neat :D

very cool. I guess it was on photoshop?

Thanks Catherine..:D.. Yeah, but just elements 3...I have CS, but am too chicken to put it on my computer. It's already dragging with the giant files from my canon.

pretty cool Leesa. Now you have to show us some more.

Melissa

Thanks Melissa :blush: I've been up since the wee hours...brought my gallery up to date, plenty more there :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom