Got Equipped

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yup, Jon, not to mention the 'mericans who are still successfully avoiding metric........:D

But Don, it IS a problem here, with the "norms" that are only that in certain countries........

Switzerland is about the size of South Carolina - how would you feel if you couldn't use any of your stuff in South Carolina because it has different norms....

(and no wise cracks about "who wants to go to S. Carolina anyway :D)

Originally posted by Tom
At 4 atm, the freezing point is -0.03355 C or 31.93959 F

For the scientific minded thats 0.0074°C per bar.

Didn't think I knew that, did you?

Tom

and for salt water?

I know there is the 'freezing point depression' method of calculating osmolarities etc.. and I am pretty sure it works for just calculating the freezing point from concentration, but I can't find it in any of the books here at work.

Help anyone?

Jon T

The concentration of salt and the exact salt will have an effect on the freezing temp at 1 atm. Starting from that freezing point, for the concentrations normally found in sea water, (34ppm) the change based on pressure is the same.

Average seawater freezes at -2 C
At 4 atm it is -2.03355 C

The line does curve at higher concentrations. This is the formula you referred to. I haven't been able to find that yet either.

By the way (I forgot earlier)

Gozu -congrats on the purchase. Looks like a fine set of equipment.

Tom

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom