Got Equipped

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jon I just found out that your French bottle would have to have TUEV, so that's out. Will line up a bottle for you, should not be a problem........and if the valve is DIN, probably no one will notice anyway, though......there is a card fill station at Überlingen.......(very practical, that)

Originally posted by gozumutti
EN? Euro Norm? Help me out here..........

TUEV = swiss standard
é"_& = french standard (ie I've forgotten what they stamp!!)
BS5045 = British standard
DIN = German standard
DoT XXXX = US standard

The EU has started bringing in EN (European Normal) eg EN250 for regs, and has brought in EN144 for tanks. The only problem of course is that switzerland (geographically) is in europe, but politically isn't.

However, card, or coin filling stations don't check!!!!

Jon

TUEV is a German organisation that test if things are normed, it isn't swiss - they swiss go by DIN, usually, they HAVE discovered that it makes life easier *gg*

TUEV is a German organisation that test if things are normed, it isn't swiss - they swiss go by DIN, usually, they HAVE discovered that it makes life easier *gg*

I thought the german testing org. was TUV not TUEV?

Jon

Aah - thet explains it.

I had assumed that the TUEV was a swiss version of the TUV as you live in the land of cheese with holes in, and coockoo clocks!

So, as the swiss except the german, now we have the Euro Normal EN144 will they accept that????

Jon

Jon
BRING YOUR DRYSUIT...below 15m Lake Constance is around 7C...below say, 25m, it can drop to 4C so take two regulators with you. I freeze half to death im my 7mm semidry.....

4°C practically tropical! Last year I was diving in stoney (for all you UK people) with snow on the ground, 2°C out of the water, cooled to probably -4 or -5 with the wind, and the water at 2.5°C at the surface, down to practically 0°C at 30m.

Going off topic, anyone know the freezing point of water @4atm pressure? I think it is about -2 but am not sure.

Jon T

For the non scientists, yes boiling and freezing point DO change with pressure.

At 4 atm, the freezing point is -0.03355 C or 31.93959 F

For the scientific minded thats 0.0074°C per bar.

Didn't think I knew that, did you?

Tom

TUEV,TUV,DIN,DOT on your SOP and get your EU off of my EUC.

Heck, lets just go divin!

I am completely worn out from reading this thread.

ID

Originally posted by Iguana Don
Heck, lets just go divin!

ID

Unfortunately, all the letters are designed at protecting each countries divers. By default all european countries think each others regs/specs are totally worthless and dangerous!

This is more than a trifle annoying, when a UK diver with UK spec kit, now living in france, with some french spec kit, tries to go diving in switzerland, where they only accept german kit!

AARGH! (goes and bangs his head against a brick wall)

Jon T

Back
Top Bottom