Got a New Ebay Problem...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
I was having fun bidding on even more Beanie Babies to spoil my granddaughter with, give to friends with kids, donate to a favorite charity, and I discovered a few lots plus some other individual listings with one seller who charged a lot for shipping. I know, s/he wanted to make some no-fee income. S/he did promise Priority Mail in the listings, but nothing about shipping discounts on combined orders, so I asked - stipulating that I wanted Delivery Confirmation. S/he agreed, and I bought quite a bit - to be shipped in 3 boxes. Beanie Babies Galore...!! :lol2:

I got 2 boxes 3 days ago...
>> Parcel Post;
>> No Delivery Confirmation; and
>> With shoddy address labels, one of which wasn't even taped down on the end. :light:

I have sent an email a day about the missing box and all this for the last 3 days, no response. I guess I can cause problems with Ebay and file with Paypal, but hate to go that route. Any suggestions...?

:confused:

PS: Once one gets the feel of Ebay buying, Esnipe.com is the only way to go. :thumb:

Sorry this happened to you! I think maybe contacting Ebay might be your best bet. Doesn't sound this seller is going to respond. Keep checking your ratings to make sure this person hasn't given you a negative. I would also hold off on the negative to them until something comes out of this with Ebay.

Maybe the since the address labels were not attached very well on the other boxes, the third box lost it's label? I would maybe contact the postal service or ups.

I agree with you on Esnipe. I haven't done that in a while but, when you really want something on Ebay and you see a bidding war going on, Esnipe has never failed me once.:eyebrow:

calscubagirl:
Sorry this happened to you! I think maybe contacting Ebay might be your best bet. Doesn't sound this seller is going to respond. Keep checking your ratings to make sure this person hasn't given you a negative. I would also hold off on the negative to them until something comes out of this with Ebay.

Maybe the since the address labels were not attached very well on the other boxes, the third box lost it's label? I would maybe contact the postal service or ups.
It was Parcel Post, and s/he did not include backup Ship-to inside the other boxes. I don't think anyone has so far. I guess I could call the Plainview PO and explain, but if the label came off, it's probably history. It's also his/her responsibility, as s/he did not use Priority Mail and Deivery Confirmation as agreed.

I guess contacting Ebay is best, thanks.
I agree with you on Esnipe. I haven't done that in a while but, when you really want something on Ebay and you see a bidding war going on, Esnipe has never failed me once.:eyebrow:
Oh I use it for any purchase, rather than start a bidding war. Leave the item on Watch, decide the max I would pay, and let Esnipe do the work secretly. I bet the Sellers hate it. Six seconds to close, and zap! :cowboy2: Who is that masked man, and where did he come from?!

DandyDon:
Oh I use it for any purchase, rather than start a bidding war. Leave the item on Watch, decide the max I would pay, and let Esnipe do the work secretly. I bet the Sellers hate it. Six seconds to close, and zap! :cowboy2: Who is that masked man, and where did he come from?!

Yep, I never bid until the last seconds of the auction. It only makes it to where I'm going to have to pay more for it if I win it.

I think I had Esnipe set at like 4 seconds....if there is such a thing as 4 sec?

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo - bugger DD, its the beanies - they want to be FREE and roaming the texan plains

i'll keep my fingers crossed for you

calscubagirl:
Yep, I never bid until the last seconds of the auction. It only makes it to where I'm going to have to pay more for it if I win it.

I think I had Esnipe set at like 4 seconds....if there is such a thing as 4 sec?
Yeah, I think you can set for 4 second. They suggest 6 seconds, but claim they've never been more than 1 second off on matching Ebay's clock.

The missing box arrived today, but I am still mad. Here's the time lines...

1 - 2 of 3 boxes arrived on the 16th, later than expected as they came Parcel Post;

2 - I emailed her on the 16th, advising of the missing box, my disappointment that they came Parcel Post, without Deliver Confirmation, with a shoddy label, along with questions about a stain on a larger one. Got this reply..
THE THIRD ONE IS ON ITS WAY AND I DID MENTION THE STAIN AND AS I TOLD YOU BEFORE I QUOTE SHIPPING HIGH BECAUSE THE PRODUCT IS WORTH MORE THAN I AUCTION FOR THIS IS HOW E-BAY IS DONE. I KNOW YOU ARE NEW AT THIS BUT I AM NOT THE ONLY SELLER THAT DOES THIS. I DID DISCOUT YOUR SHIPPING BECAUSE OF THE QUANTITY YOU BOUGHT SO THERE I DON’T OWE YOU ANYTHING I AM SORRY IF YOU MISUNDERSTOOD THE WAY THINGS WORKED ON E-BAY. HOPE THERE IS NO HARD FEELING.
I responded no hard feelings, guess I forgot about the stain? Maybe I did.

3 - 18th & 19th, I email that the third box is still missing? No responses.

4 - 21st: It arrives, Parcel Post, no Deliver Confirmation, mailed on the 16th, the same day the first 2 arrived and I let him/her know that one was missing...!

If s/he has email back with "oops, failed to send one box, sending Priority, here is DelCon#", I would have been happy. But nooooo....!

I'm going to calm down before I post feed back. I'm thinking Neutral with above complaints.

almitywife:
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo - bugger DD, its the beanies - they want to be FREE and roaming the texan plains

i'll keep my fingers crossed for you
I never let any of my livestock roam where they want. They roam where I want them. :D

Wish I would have known you were in the market for beanies.. I have hundreds that Ive been trying to get rid of!!!

I'm glad you got your 3rd parcel.

I would definitely leave neutral feedback, saying that the seller has poor post-auction communication.

On another note, I've never used esnipe, I'll have to check it out. I usually bid at the last minute myself, unless it's something I'm indifferent about winning, then I'll just put in my max bid.

melissassm:
I would definitely leave neutral feedback, saying that the seller has poor post-auction communication.

Goods were delivered with a relatively minor screw-up. Would have been much better if seller had advised of shipping delay. Maybe someone else does the mailing and caused the screw-up. Look at the bright side and don't get involved in another unnecessary adverse feedback exchange.

melissassm:
On another note, I've never used esnipe, I'll have to check it out. I usually bid at the last minute myself, unless it's something I'm indifferent about winning, then I'll just put in my max bid.
Here's an example: If you just bid your max bid early, let's say on something that has a current bid of 5 - and you bid 20. The other bidder has already entered a max bid of 10, so ebay automatically bids you two against each other in a flash to 11, beating the other bidder. That gives the other bidders plenty of time to reconsdier a max bid and bid you up to 18, 19, 20 - even if you win.

Use Esnipe, and at 6 second until close - zap, you just barely bid enough to beat the other bidder and win at 11. Saves you 7, 8, or 9, huh?

Or, ever bid on something you wish you hadn't, but no one bid against you, and you didn't want to go on record as withdrawing a bid. If you'd entered it with Esnipe, just go in and change your planned bid before it's placed.

I bid on a BB once, wondering what GBP meant? :confused: OOps, then Ebay told me what my USD bid was. The BB was in Great Britian. I let it ride, had it shipped to a friend in Scotland as a gift to reduce shipping. Esnipe would have saved me money there, too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom