Gorgeous Day at Hanauma Bay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaAndDreams

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Myself, Jay and Tom decided to dive Hanauma Bay today on a mission. We succeeded in our goal (another story); but more importantly we had an awesome dive!

Here are some pictures of HB...what a gorgeous day. Our dive profile was something along the lines of ~2 hours with a maximum depth of deeper than 140'...

Pictures courtesy of Jay's new camera and are worth a thousand words....

HB1.jpg

HB2.jpg

HB3.jpg

HB4.jpg

HB5.jpg

HB6.jpg

HB7.jpg

HB8.jpg

HB9.jpg

Can't wait...we are heading out tomorrow morning...

Looks pretty uncrowded...what time did you arrive there?

We plan on getting there right when they open to get parking and to attend our yearly briefing...

Are prices still the same?

$2 all day tram

$1/trip for the tank ($2 per round trip)?

Can't wait...we are heading out tomorrow morning...

Looks pretty uncrowded...what time did you arrive there?0730

We plan on getting there right when they open to get parking and to attend our yearly briefing...

Are prices still the same?

$2 all day tram Yes

$1/trip for the tank ($2 per round trip)? Yes

It was a dive that I'll never forget. I do have to say thanks to Matt at IDH for saving the dive for me. Long story short, that's why I have the yellow fins.

It was a dive that I'll never forget. I do have to say thanks to Matt at IDH for saving the dive for me. Long story short, that's why I have the yellow fins.

Thanks for answering the questions.

But now you have peaked my curiosity on your short story...details please...heh heh.

Well...I'm off to Hanauma Bay myself...:D

It was a dive that I'll never forget. I do have to say thanks to Matt at IDH for saving the dive. Long story short, that's why I have the yellow fins.
those fins were "DIR yellow".. right?

j/k :eyebrow:

btw.. i've seen that cable that falls down the slope to the depths..
but i didn't have the gas to follow it all the way down..

i'll go.. when y'all make a return to "the goal"..

next time I have dive gear on Oahu with me, Hanauma bay is one dive I'd like to try ...

and yeah, where'd you find yellow Jets? (they were jets right?)

btw - what is that cable for? I've seen it in other pics from HB just don't know it's significance.

Aloha, Tim

P.S. wonder how often they see drysuits on that beach?

Nope, they weren't jets.

As for the cable, it used to be a telephone cable between the islands. One leaves pretty much straight out and one veers off towards Maui.

Nice rig on your back there Sherm! Sure beats the "Mud" dive I did this weekend. After watching the guy I "Buddied" up with do 3 terminal velocity decents butt down from surface to mud, vis went from 10' ot 0". Cool looking Mushroom clouds...I finally finished the dive on my own, never finding the "GOAL" but saw lots of Beer Cans! PPB? what's that?
Sorry, just had to rant, oh well, at least I am getting wet again. Aloha, and keep havin' fun!

Tom, didn't Matt have some pinkies? :D

Back
Top Bottom