GoPro to 55m / 180Ft

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stuart check Midland, it is cheap, and it has good reviews and it has a housing rated for 85m, it is not as expensive as the GoPro, and made perfect to be installed on one side of your dive helmet, I'm considering this camera my self.

XTC400 - Action cam Full HD with WI-FI - C1106.01 - Midland Europe

CC-XTC400 MOUNT - CUSTODIA / XTC400 - C1121 - Midland Europe

Thanks, but at roughly $200 for a 1080p camera, that is actually about as expensive as a comparable GoPro, I think. And I already have a 1080p GoPro anyway.

The appeal of the GoPro Hero 5 is twofold. It's a 4K camera, and it's waterproof with no extra housing. Getting those two features in one camera is the only thing that would motivate me to upgrade from my Hero 3.

If I lost my Hero 3 and just wanted to replace it with another 1080p, non-waterproof camera, I would spend $50 on an SJCAM or similar.

I'm still a ways away from having any actual use for a housing that can go deeper than 60m. By the time I am ready to take Adv Trimix, I'm sure the market will have numerous new options available. So, no need to buy anything, today, just because it has a housing that is rated for more than 60m.

The 5 is only water proof to 30 feet and it is my understanding that when you place it in an UW housing that you must remove a lens port or something, which eliminates the inherent water resistance of the camera... so for diving, it sounds like there is no benefit with respect to diving and the potential for a fatal flood is a function of the housing alone..

if i am wrong, please let me know.. I would probably buy a 5 if I am wrong about it.

Back
Top Bottom