GoPro Housing -- Golem Gear Any Good??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To those who bought the GG housing, what is the real difference between the 500ft and 1000ft housing? They look pretty similar and the cost is like $10 difference right now.

I've been using the iQsub case (same as the GG) with my Hero8 for a couple of years now. I've had it to 250+ feet on multiple occasions and I don't treat it very nicely. It is bombproof and can withstand some pretty harsh conditions. I will sometimes clip it off on a D ring which means it is banging around with bailout cylinders, on/off the boat, etc.

Given my constant abuse, I've had to change the Perspex lens on the front once but that was easy.

Great to hear reviews like this! knowing myself I too would end up treating it similarly so glad to hear it can take the abuse.

I did not realize the front lens was replaceable, is this something that iQsub/GG sells?

Great to hear reviews like this! knowing myself I too would end up treating it similarly so glad to hear it can take the abuse.

I did not realize the front lens was replaceable, is this something that iQsub/GG sells?

This is what I bought:

GoPro Housing Replacement Lens Port for GoPro 5,6 and 7

Now that I think about it, I might have the GoPro 7 and not the 8, but I'm sure they sell the same thing for the other housings.

On a similar topic, has anyone used the T-housing? It's aluminum and similar to the Golem housing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom