GoPro Hero5 vs Sony FDR-X3000

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess my goals are higher than 13 minutes of footage from 16 hours of video. And I'm not woried about an off-framed shot of another common angel or butterfly but when that rare sighting occurs and you might have one chance in your life to get it right, I'd hate to miss it for something like that.

I'm not sure pairing wirelessly will work. The amount of bandwidth needed to transmit video is magnitudes greater than air pressure readings or even buddy coms

Don't know why this turned into a lecture as to why I should use other equipment, or why you seem to want an argument about whats better!

And, please, saying your goals are "higher" than mine is also a little silly.

I'm loving my new Paralenz. It does what I want. I'm not trying to convince you or anyone else of its virtues, or denying any of its shortcomings. Just saying I like what it does.

Someone in this thread asked if anyone had tried the Paralenz, so I posted, and included an example of the video I recently took. For that I get accused of having low goals?

Here's wishing you safe diving.....

I've got better things to do......

That's funny, I simply made a comment, quoting no one and directed to no one in particular, stating that I considered lcd screen important and couldn't see them adding one to this camera. You're the one that felt compelled to quote me and condescendingly lecture "trust me" that I don't really need it. Unless you're a rep for the product, I'm not seeing why you have to offer rebuttal to any criticism of it.

And I did not say anything about your goals, I referred to my goals.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom