GoPro Hero2 Rental

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Try to do an offering for North America - not just USA. Organize pickup & drop-off points at the information desk of major US airports.

There would be an extra fee - that I'd be HAPPY to pay. Shipping a non-envelope size box from USA to Canada - starts - at 70$. One way.

When I plan my next trip - I could contact your CUSTOMER.SERVICE@ email address and tell them where & when I'll be a such & such airport.

You'd be surprised at how many "more" customers you could get - at no extra cost to your company.

When I land somewhere in the US, I just have to have a place - someone - to give it too for mailing. All major airports have an "electronics" store of some type, that sell mp3 players, headphones, chargers, etc.

A+ great idea so far even if you cannot accommodate Canadians...

I mentioned this in another thread, but one solution that is simple and already available for dive locations in the US (and probably other countries) is that we can ship directly to your resort/hotel/etc. and you can return from there as well using the prepaid UPS label.

For example if you are traveling to the Florida Keys from anywhere in the world, we can ship to your hotel there (or a dive shop, etc) so its waiting when you arrive, and then you can return from the same place using our UPS return label.

I like your ideas though and am adding it to our list of potential ideas as we grow and expand!

Consider adding a 5% rebate if you rent a GoPro + CO analyser, as well as combined shipping.

Most of my vacation destinations in the next few years will be Grand Cayman, Guadeloupe & Mexico.

All done through US airports though.

Consider adding a 5% rebate if you rent a GoPro + CO analyser, as well as combined shipping.

Most of my vacation destinations in the next few years will be Grand Cayman, Guadeloupe & Mexico.

All done through US airports though.

Yep, we are going to put together dive "package" deals with discounts for renting more than one item. Hopefully have that up and running on the site in a couple of days.

Great Idea. has the insurance questions been answered? Who is responsible if flooding occurs?

*************UPDATE ***************

WE LISTENED!!! We now offer Flat Lens options for the GoPro package:

During reservation you can choose from the following options:

1) Standard housing/lens - $0
2) Mako Flat lens housing - $0
3) BlurFix lens housing - $6
4) Standard and Mako housings - $10
5) Standard and BlurFix housings - $15
5) All 3 housings - $25

Website and Booking Calendar will be updated to reflect this asap. Lens will be available to ship toward the end of the week.

As always - feedback is welcome. We tried to accommodate the diver's need for a lens with options that are both worthwhile for the customer as well as cost effective for us.

*************UPDATE ***************

WE LISTENED!!! We now offer Flat Lens options for the GoPro package:

During reservation you can choose from the following options:

1) Standard housing/lens - $0
2) Mako Flat lens housing - $0
3) BlurFix lens housing - $6
4) Standard and Mako housings - $10
5) Standard and BlurFix housings - $15
5) All 3 housings - $25

Website and Booking Calendar will be updated to reflect this asap. Lens will be available to ship toward the end of the week.

As always - feedback is welcome. We tried to accommodate the diver's need for a lens with options that are both worthwhile for the customer as well as cost effective for us.

I'm confused as to what do you mean by standard housing? Is it just the regular vented housing or is it the underwater housing without a flat lens to fix the GoPro blurred focus problem?

The reason I ask is because the SRP BlurFix can be used above or below the water without changing housings so it seems redundant to add another housing when it's not necessary.

Also, are you offering any of the color correction lenses as a rental option? I would much rather pay for lenses than an extra case that's not really needed.

What about insurance?

Great ideas, btw!

I'm confused as to what do you mean by standard housing? Is it just the regular vented housing or is it the underwater housing without a flat lens to fix the GoPro blurred focus problem?

The reason I ask is because the SRP BlurFix can be used above or below the water without changing housings so it seems redundant to add another housing when it's not necessary.

Also, are you offering any of the color correction lenses as a rental option? I would much rather pay for lenses than an extra case that's not really needed.

What about insurance?

Great ideas, btw!

Standard housing = the normal housing that the GoPro comes with, including both the vented and waterproof backdoors (as well as vented and waterproof backdoors for the lcd backpack). This is the curved lens.

Housing with Mako lens installed, which replaces the standard GoPro lens, with the same backdoors listed above.

Housing with BlurFix installed, which is installed over the GoPro curved lens and can be used both above and below water, with the same backdoors.

If you want to be able to swap housings to use more than one kind of lens, you can order more than one for an additional cost. We did this set up for a few reasons: we wanted to be able to offer a low cost (free) flat lens option for a diver, thus am offering the Mako, which is pretty cheap for us. We also wanted to offer a more robust option such as a BlurFix, but that is much more expensive so we need to charge for it. And since we would rather do the installation of the lens ourselves, we are offering the complete housing with lens already attached as options. While the BlurFix can be used above water as well, it is bigger and more cumbersome, so some may wish to have a stock housing to use above water as well, with some of the other mounts. Or some may prefer a Mako housing and an extra stock housing for other uses, etc.

Right now we don't have color lenses, but may add that option later (stocking all this costs alot!!).

We are looking at insurance options, and will be updating the website and reservation calender appropriately soon. But, in the meantime, any fault of the equipment you will not be liable for. Only lost, stolen, unreturned, or something that is clearly a user error upon return of the equipment will the renter be held liable.

Hope this makes more sense.

I think the insurance question has to do specifically with flooding. Who is responsible for the equip if flooding occurs?

UPDATE - on the insurance issue.

Our research has show that there really aren't any other GoPro rental companies that offer/require insurance.

We are going to follow suit for now and take responsibility if the housing floods, etc. We will only look to charge you if damage was clearly a user mistake, and even then we'll do our best to make it as small a financial impact as possible for both of us (repair vs replacement, etc).

Basically, we are going to trust that you will be as careful as possible, read instructions, and be honest with us, etc and in return continue to keep the costs as low as possible.

If we start seeing damaged units, or abuse of the policy, then we'll revisit the deposit/insurance issue.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom