GoPro Hero2..from basic package to Scuba ready

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cbouza3

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Apologies in advance for what I think might be a relatively simple question. I have a GoPro Hero2 with the standard housing.

I'd like to start using it for diving. From the past few days of research, I've found the following holes I need to plug:
1) Housing (standard issue housing results in vignetting)
2) Tray (I plan to make a DIY tray for stabilization)
3) Filter (my research has led me to wanting the SRP URPRO CY glass filter)

The main question I have is about the least expensive way to get correct the vignetting and the color.

Option 1: GoPro Dive Housing ($76 shipped) + SRP URPRO CYD (dome) plastic filter ($91 shipped) = $167 shipped (plastic filter)

Option 2: SRP Blurfix Original Kit + SRP URPRO CY (glass) filter = $146 shipped

Is "Option 2" the better AND cheaper option? Am I missing something and this will not be the the solution I'm looking for?

Thanks all.

Blurfix fosho!!

Glass filter is way better than the plastic filter. The only problem with the 2nd is you can't change filters underwater, not that I would ever want to anyways.

I used the dive housing on my Hero 2 with the Polar Pro filter with no problems....and you can get both for about $95.00

Amazon.com: GoPro Dive Housing for HERO Cameras: Camera & Photo

Amazon.com: Red Filter-Tropical Water Color Correction-Hero 1 & 2 Dive Housing Only: Electronics

Thanks for this info. After reviewing Yarik83's video reviews back in April of last year, I think this setup will do for my beginner's adventures. Just pulled the trigger. Much appreciated.

Agree with that .. That's setup I use and am pretty happy with it

Back
Top Bottom