gopro for christmas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i was thinking also about the go pro... but instead i got

the kodak Zx5, with ikelite housing and pro v8 led light.. and the red filter(i did not put the red filter on this dives)..

here are the results(make sure you watch them on hd)...

[video=youtube;d4kXgM1DZgI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4kXgM1DZgI[/video]

[video=youtube;ZPayVg6GHKc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPayVg6GHKc[/video]

i cannot speak for the go pro but take a close look at the ZX5 which is 100 dollars, pluse 260 for the ikelite case and if you want the light is another 225....

i think the videos i took are great...

if you have any questions let me know...

I am trying to put together a gopro setup for my wife, we have a trip to roatan in march.
so far I think I am getting the hero2, lcd screen, srp blurfix , and bonica g8v15 DVLSG8V15 Bonica G8V15 LED Video Light Package with Tray & Handle
does anyone one have any recommendations or sugestions on other ways to go?

Erik

I would vote for sticking with the Hero2 due to the wide angle lens which will take much better video. It would be a good idea to add the red filter to the blurfix and get an extra battery and an external charger. The light you have selected will have limited effectiveness due to the wide angle of the GoPro lens but I'm not aware of any light that spreads any wider. It really takes two lights to provide a sufficient field for a gopro. As a newbie diver, you might want to skip taking the torch for a while anyway as it adds far more effort than you would think. Consider getting a wrist mount or a simple handle to mount the camera as you probably won't be deep enough to need a light. A coiled lanyard to attach the rig to your BCD is always a good idea.

Focus on your skills first, not your photos. Stay safe. Protect the reef.

thanks guys, im getting the light mostly for night diving will that be ok for my primary light?

I have the same tray but the full verision, with 2 L&M Sola 1200 lights. One light will get you started, but like said you will need 2 lights to fill the wide angle of the GoPro. You will also need a Tripod mount for the GoPro to mount it to the Bonica Tray.

Here is a photo of my set up. I have both a Eye of Mine and the stock housing with BlurFix lens. I now sometimes mount both cameras to the tray and use one for video and on to take photos every so many seconds. The Blurfix lens is nice because you can change lens's and even use it above the water with other filters. It is negative in the water and I sometimes add boyancy to it by using parts of swim noodles from the dollar store. I also use a coiled teather and clip it to a chest d-ring. Good luck and have fun with it!

DSCN2828.jpg

Here is a photo of my set up. I have both a Eye of Mine and the stock housing with BlurFix lens. I now sometimes mount both cameras to the tray and use one for video and on to take photos every so many seconds. The Blurfix lens is nice because you can change lens's and even use it above the water with other filters. It is negative in the water and I sometimes add boyancy to it by using parts of swim noodles from the dollar store. I also use a coiled teather and clip it to a chest d-ring. Good luck and have fun with it!

View attachment 110621

that is a nice rig!

now where did i put my old bicycle!

I have the same tray but the full verision, with 2 L&M Sola 1200 lights. One light will get you started, but like said you will need 2 lights to fill the wide angle of the GoPro. You will also need a Tripod mount for the GoPro to mount it to the Bonica Tray.

where can I get the tripod mount ? is it just a standard mount?
That looks like a nice setup :thumbs-up

The tripod mount is a GoPro accessory. Off the Tripod mount I have a 3" carbon fiber extension I got from Eye Of mine to raise up the camera. You can check out my videos below at Narked Entertainment.

The tripod mount is a GoPro accessory. Off the Tripod mount I have a 3" carbon fiber extension I got from Eye Of mine to raise up the camera. You can check out my videos below at Narked Entertainment.[/QUOTE

thank you, one more thing to the list! and I checked out your vids very good quality i can def see how you need two lights

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom