My personal GoPro setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So I wanted to chime in after having some experience. First, I am over 50 and don't have the best eyesight, so I did not notice a bubble trapped between my GoPro and the wide angle attachment. The solution is to tilt the lens forward to get that to clear. It screwed up some video/images.

Just a word of caution for those who are considering this option. I'd still recommend it, but just be aware.

Hi Abyss, with the AOI lens, do you shoot mainly in Wide, or Linear or Linear 1.4 zoom? Thanks.

Hi Abyss, with the AOI lens, do you shoot mainly in Wide, or Linear or Linear 1.4 zoom? Thanks.
Wide 16-34mm, if you have any question pm me without problem dude.

Got it. So you must have been pretty close at times to that cuttlefish on the night dive (?)

Moreless... 1000$
Dive lights 150$ unit
GoPro 350$
Camera tray 70$
AOI lens 230$
Float 40$ unit
I'm not sure what the benefit is to attaching a wide angle lens to a camera that is already built to a wide angle standard. Much more useful would be to have a macro lens that corrects for GoPro's wide angle distortion, that can be easily (and safely) swapped in and out while underwater. Backscatter was on the right track with their macro-mate clamp-on close-up adapter, but that required the GoPro to be set to a narrow FOV to accomodate the close-up lens, which in my opinion, rendered the GoPro useless when not used in macro mode.

I recently attached a stacked a 58mm dia. +10 and +4 close-up diopters and affixed them to a make-up case glued to the front of my GoPro UW housing. I can just swing it in and out when I need to and keep the GoPro in its native wide angle mode. Not very robust and definitely not sexy....total cost less than $20.

My setup:
Dive lights $279 ea X 2 = $560
GoPro 9 = $200
UW Housing = $30
58mm dia. +10, +4 stacked diopters = $12
Tray = $20 (eBay)
Floats = $10

Results are not "pro level" but good enough for a noob like me:

Do you have settings you recommend on the gopro its self? I found that my video on the gopro 11 was really shaky and some times juddery even with hypersmooth on.

Do you have settings you recommend on the gopro its self? I found that my video on the gopro 11 was really shaky and some times juddery even with hypersmooth on.
Here you have, they are with spanish language, I hope you understand them haha
CONFIGURACION (Agua)
•Resolucion: 4k/60fps
•Lente: Gran Angular
•Hypersmooth: Boost
Protune:
•Bits: Alta
•Obturador: Auto
•Comp. VE -1
•Blancos: Auto
•Iso min: 100
•Iso max: 1600 o 800