GoPro 9 Rocks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for sharing!

I have the 8 and am still learning to maximize its capabilities. On my next dives I'm going to try shooting in 2.7K (been shooting in straight HD) to improve my image captures.

2.7K should provide significant improvement. Just make sure you set it at 60 frames per second so you get smooth motion
Also, I highly recommend using lights.

Thanks for helping tagging the pictures,
I updated the pictures in the album but it looks like the original post cannot be updated
I have a 9 I've just started using underwater. What do you use to mount the light? Do you use a tray?

I have an 8, my wife has a 9, we've noticed a stark difference between the two regarding the quality of our videos regarding color... I need to find an excuse to upgrade......

If you are going to rip picts from the video then shoot in 4K at high frame rate. Will use lots of mbytes but you will appreciate the quality. I always use the external lights below 30' even in bright sunlight. I find that the GPRO still struggles below 60' especially without filters. The deep filter always seems to add too much red. You can edit the excess color but is tough to add it in post processing. Have used the 1 to the 9 and anyone holding back from buying the 9 is just wasting time. Maybe the 10 will come out in Oct.

I just got my first one, the Hero 9. I also got the Inon semi-fisheye, tray, and two Kraken 3500 lights. Taking it for a test drive tomorrow in the quarry and then to the coast this weekend. Hopefully it turns out decent LOL

Your post really pi$$*€¥£ off. None of my pics look that nice. Granted I’m still using a GP4 but I’ve also seen great quality from the same model. At what depth were these and did you use lights? I’ve thought about upgrading but I’m hesitant to because from what I’ve read even if I upgrade I need lights and right I feel that I’m traveling with too much stuff as it is.

From my Hero4 Jpeg taken from my video

WHALE SHARK 01 JUNE CDC 2019.jpg

I’ve thought about upgrading but I’m hesitant to because from what I’ve read even if I upgrade I need lights and right I feel that I’m traveling with too much stuff as it is.

I upgraded to the Olympus TG6 but still keep my Hero4 available

Is Gopro ever going to make an App for PC? I have been trying to edit my videos on other editing websites. Not easy for a beginner ....

Is Gopro ever going to make an App for PC? I have been trying to edit my videos on other editing websites. Not easy for a beginner ....
They discontinued their own app.

You can still download Quik for desktop/windows. It's in the legacy software section.

I'm guessing not enough customers using it to justify the dev costs.

They discontinued their own app.

You can still download Quik for desktop/windows. It's in the legacy software section.

I'm guessing not enough customers using it to justify the dev costs.

But they have it for Mac! Just not PC :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom