GoPro 9 Rocks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eyal K.

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi All,

Wanted to share some of the pictures I took with my new GoPro 9 in Roatan, HN during our last trip on March 2021.

These are raw JPEG images I pulled out from the video. I haven't had a chance to correct the colors in photoshop yet but I think the result is pretty decent.

The video was shot in 2.7K 60 fps

Gear:
  • GoPro 9 Black
  • 15x Macro Lens
  • 2 x 6500 Lumens TrustFire DF50 Lights

View media item 211100View media item 211099View media item 211098View media item 211097View media item 211096View media item 211095View media item 211094View media item 211093View media item 211092View media item 211091

Your post really pi$$*€¥£ off. None of my pics look that nice. Granted I’m still using a GP4 but I’ve also seen great quality from the same model.

At what depth were these and did you use lights?

I’ve thought about upgrading but I’m hesitant to because from what I’ve read even if I upgrade I need lights and right I feel that I’m traveling with too much stuff as it is.

Hi All,

Wanted to share some of the pictures I took with my new GoPro 9 in Roatan, HN during our last trip on March 2021.

These are raw JPEG images I pulled out from the video. I haven't had a chance to correct the colors in photoshop yet but I think the result is pretty decent.

The video was shot in 2.7K 60 fps

Gear:
  • GoPro 9 Black
  • 15x Macro Lens
  • 2 x 6500 Lumens TrustFire DF50 Lights

View media item 211100View media item 211099View media item 211098View media item 211097View media item 211096View media item 211095View media item 211094View media item 211093View media item 211092View media item 211091

Your leaving something off. Here’s my questions

Since you pulled the photos from video, what program/software are you using ?
Link to your lens?
What case were you using?
Pictures of your setup?
Were you using a red filter?

Any other stuff your using other than posted?

Thanks
Glenn

I got a GoPro 9 the day it came out last fall. It's my first GP. I haven't taken it underwater yet, though.

That guy in your hand (tsk, tsk) looks like he might be an arrow crab (Stenorhynchus seticornis). The black and white is a banded butterflyfish (Chaetodon striatus). Your last picture is a squirrelfish (Holocentrus ascensionis).

Thanks for sharing!

I have the 8 and am still learning to maximize its capabilities. On my next dives I'm going to try shooting in 2.7K (been shooting in straight HD) to improve my image captures.

Since you pulled the photos from video, what program/software are you using ?
For these pictures I just used the gopro app Quick for Android on my mobile phone. Great app for quick and dirty snapshots or video clips. I'm in the process of installing the DaVinci Resolve for editing and pulling better frames.

Link to your lens?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08KZDV82F/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_VF3MR16F9NGZF3W23DQM?

What case were you using?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08LD4VXGL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_6FJ95A2QJYFVK2ZH8RNQ

I didn't use red filter as most of the videos I took were in macro. Instead, I used LED lights.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08LNGF5WT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_HW8T2XVNSBDVKBGWJNHX

This light is pretty strong (6500 lumens) but can be operated at half the power if needed. It also have UV mode and Red mode

Your post really pi$$*€¥£ off. None of my pics look that nice. Granted I’m still using a GP4 but I’ve also seen great quality from the same model.

At what depth were these and did you use lights?

I’ve thought about upgrading but I’m hesitant to because from what I’ve read even if I upgrade I need lights and right I feel that I’m traveling with too much stuff as it is.

LOL.... :)

As a rule of thumb, you must use lights for underwater photography or video. There is simply not enough light and you start losing the red at 30ft. Red filter provides some correction to the color but you still need to light up the object.

I shot these pictures at different depths between 60ft - 110ft (sea horse) as well as night dives (spotted eel)

I also have the GP4 and upgraded to the 9 for this trip. It's a whole different camera. The rear screen is something I always missed in GP4, plus the 4k resolution VS. The 1080P is a big difference.
If you decide to upgrade, you're going to love the GP9

I got a GoPro 9 the day it came out last fall. It's my first GP. I haven't taken it underwater yet, though.

That guy in your hand (tsk, tsk) looks like he might be an arrow crab (Stenorhynchus seticornis). The black and white is a banded butterflyfish (Chaetodon striatus). Your last picture is a squirrelfish (Holocentrus ascensionis).

Thanks for helping tagging the pictures,
I updated the pictures in the album but it looks like the original post cannot be updated

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom