GoPro 9 Rocks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi All,

Wanted to share some of the pictures I took with my new GoPro 9 in Roatan, HN during our last trip on March 2021.

These are raw JPEG images I pulled out from the video. I haven't had a chance to correct the colors in photoshop yet but I think the result is pretty decent.

The video was shot in 2.7K 60 fps

Gear:
  • GoPro 9 Black
  • 15x Macro Lens
  • 2 x 6500 Lumens TrustFire DF50 Lights

View media item 211100View media item 211099View media item 211098View media item 211097View media item 211096View media item 211095View media item 211094View media item 211093View media item 211092View media item 211091
Nice pictures! What are your settings?

I just upgraded my GP 6 to 9. Still playing with the settings. I’m currently using this settings:
1D310F27-8246-42D6-B6F8-1B06278E90F4.jpeg

Here’s one shot I took a few days ago in Malpelo, Colombia.
0E79FDC3-9E2F-4365-B871-73B7BC9E7751.jpeg

here is a short vid I grabbed while trying it out for the first time in the quarry.

Nice vid, how do you have your lights set up/ positioning? despite the low vis there is no back scatter. I often struggle with back scatter in situations where vis is much better.

Nice vid, how do you have your lights set up/ positioning? despite the low vis there is no back scatter. I often struggle with back scatter in situations where vis is much better.

The lights are a couple of inches higher than the camera, a couple of inches behind the camera, and pointing slightly outwards. This creates the intersection of the two lights out in front of the camera to help with the backscatter.

Question - We've been using the GoPro 9 for a few weeks (upgraded from the 7black) and it seems to focus on the background instead of the object in the center of the viewfinder. Is there anyone else out there with this problem? Fixes? Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom